Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

***SPOILER*** Monza Qualifying

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 02:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
***SPOILER*** Monza Qualifying

Wow. What a stunning turn of events. All three drivers vieing for the WDC could be out of the points. Could it get any stranger??

Once again, Lewis appears to have been hurt by a risk that didn't pay off. Going to the intermediate wet tire was a true boom or bust move that resulted in a total bust - 15th place!?!

Massa just happened to get out a little early and get in a decent lap before the big rain came. He hit the semi-dry line just before it disappeared. Maybe this is his year . . .

Kimi had the same problem as Lewis. I can't believe how crazy that session was today.

Vettel Stuns The Big Guns At Monza

Last edited by Barrister; 09-14-2008 at 02:32 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:41 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Wow. What a stunning turn of events. All three drivers vieing for the WDC could be out of the points. Could it get any stranger??

Once again, Lewis appears to have been hurt by a risk that didn't pay off. Going to the intermediate wet tire was a true boom or bust move that resulted in a total bust - 15th place!?!

Massa just happened to get out a little early and get in a decent lap before the big rain came. He hit the semi-dry line just before it disappeared. Maybe this is his year . . .

Kimi had the same problem as Lewis. I can't believe how crazy that session was today.

Vettel Stuns The Big Guns At Monza
It was a truly bizarre call by the McLaren team. They should have just put him out on wets at the start of the session, put in a bankable lap, and then if needed chuck him out on the intermediates.

Well see how the race unfolds. Gurantee there will be some safety cars which will reel the leaders in, and we all know how good Hamilton is in the wet.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I watched the race this morning but missed qualifying yesterday so I was wondering why Lewis and Kimi were so far back. Pretty interesting race and I'm happy with the outcome even though it will definitely come as a shocker to most. Vettel qualifying on pole definitely turned out to be a huge advantage for him, but he's been showing his teeth in the rain this year so he knows what he's doing out there for sure. The announcers on SPEED almost seemed upset with the outcome of the race, which was surprising since I thought they'd be as excited as I was to see things shaken up a bit.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think the SPEED announcers were upset - I thought they were excited (and obviously surprised) about Vettel's win! It was a fun race to watch - plenty of passing, drivers being careful on the throttle, etc. This has turned into a good season for all the right reasons (unlike last season).

Old 09-15-2008, 02:25 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
So who gets penalized for gaining a competitive advantage?