Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!

Portraits in ballpoint pen!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 12:15 AM
Teamspeed Member
Minhimalism is on a distinguished roadMinhimalism is on a distinguished roadMinhimalism is on a distinguished roadMinhimalism is on a distinguished roadMinhimalism is on a distinguished road
Portraits in ballpoint pen!

So the story goes like this.. I've posted here before about my photography I think, but I've never shared what I gave up to get into it! I've been drawing all my life, self taught, with a few art classes in high school just cause. I took a break during my senior year and freshman year of college from drawing and came back to it recently. Here are my latest three.. in chronological order!

This is Soyou of the Korean group SISTAR. Took around 10 hours. I really wasn't confident with my darks and lights in this one as you can tell!

This is Sandara Park of the Korean group 2NE1! By now the practice I had gotten from my first one made me much more willing to show contrast in this one, and I love how it turned out. This one took around 9 hours.

This is my latest drawing! It's of my girlfriend Molly, and took me around 5 hours. I think it's my best of the three and the practice really made this one a lot easier. First time I've ever drawn anyone I personally know ^___^

Just wanted to share with you guys, have a nice day :] And thanks for taking your time to look!