Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!

Wow! Check out what just fell into my lap!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! Check out what just fell into my lap!

So the CFO of my company brought in a couple of bags for me today containing her father's old camera gear which she'd been telling me about for some time. She simply wanted to get rid of it, and knows that I love that stuff. She asked for nothing, but in return I'm going to take some portraits for her. I was expecting an old 35mm, and maybe a lens or 2.

Well... I cracked open the bags and found a real booty of solid, classic photographic equipment from Nikon, Canon and Vivitar, much of which will actually work with my current Nikons!

24mm 1:2.8
28mm 1:2.8 AF
28-50mm 1:3.5 AF
35-85mm 1:2.8 AF
50mm 1:1.4 (Canon)
55mm 1:2.8 AF Macro
70-210 1:4 AF (Canon )
90mm 1:2.8 Macro
135mm 1:2.8 AF
200mm 1:3.5 Auto

Cameras:
Nikkormat EL Black (Nikon's 1st electronic camera, I believe)
Nikkormat FT2 Chrome
Canon AE-1 "Program" (an incredible camera)

and a couple of flashes and remote triggers.

I tested a couple of the lenses out on my old D100, and they look great - it's cool seeing the old-school focusing displays, etc. Don't know exactly how useful it will be to me, but I love having it! The cameras I surely won't use, but they'll be excellent display pieces when cleaned up a bit. I'm in heaven!

Old 03-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
That is awesome man

Old 03-09-2012, 08:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond reputeMini George has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet gear!

Old 03-09-2012, 09:18 PM
Registered Member
DrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond repute
There's an opportunity for some photos that'll never inadvertently end up on the web, if you can find film.
You might even have to invest in some darkroom equipment and chemicals, those were the days.
Great gift. Congrats on the benevolence of your CFO

Old 03-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Smoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond reputeSmoky has a reputation beyond repute
Ah that AE-1 is a beauty! I have my Dad's tucked away in safe keeping. Seeing your pic makes me want to dig it out and fire some shots through it. Would love to see the expression the Walgreen guy's face when I walk in with a roll of film!

Very good luck! Thanks for sharing

Old 03-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Bryan, my dad actually has a lot of processing equipment - he used to shoot, develop and make slide shows and stuff back when I was very little. I was describing this stuff to him on the phone, and you feel the nostalgia through the receiver...

Originally Posted by Smoky
Would love to see the expression the Walgreen guy's face when I walk in with a roll of film!
I'm excited to show up at Cars and Coffee tomorrow morning with my D700 and a 40-year-old lens on it!

Old 03-09-2012, 09:34 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
That's pretty awesome! Looking forward to seeing some cool shots you take with those.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
I totally thought you were going to say a stripper or hooker fell into your lap.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
I totally thought you were going to say a stripper or hooker fell into your lap.
They don't fall... they go there by choice

Old 03-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
They will do almost anything if you pay them

Quick Reply: Wow! Check out what just fell into my lap!