Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!

Panasonic/Lumis GX1

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Panasonic/Lumis GX1

Hi All. I am a noob when it comes to photography but my GF and I are looking at the new GX1. She already has a DSLR but finds it too burdensome and bulky to take out often. This hybrid seems like a good choice for us - compact and easy enough to use often, but still takes good photos. It will also be a fine starting point in case I ever want to step up to her DSLR.
She's wanted the GF1 for a while, but was disappointed in the GF2/3. The new GX1 seems like a step in the right direction, though.
Just curious if any of you have any experience with this line or 'hybrids' in general.

Also curious about lenses. She is thinking about 20mm F1.7 and the 14-42mm PZ X Vario.
Looking to use it for a mix of things - people, outdoors a little, etc. Nothing professional. She wants it mostly for people but I want something with a little versatility.

Thanks!

Old 01-29-2012, 01:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
wyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond reputewyatth has a reputation beyond repute
Bought the GX1 with 20mm lens. Love it. Photos to follow at some point. Great for a noob.

Old 01-29-2012, 04:34 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by wyatth
GF wanted the GF1 for a while, but was disappointed in the GF2/3.