Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!

Shutterspeed/Arts

Old 12-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond repute
Shutterspeed/Arts

Figured I'd make a thread for some of my personal projects and what not. I'll post my paintings, photographs, and graphic work in here that's automotive related.

Series of digital collages/posters that I'm working on

the collage that started the idea

The car that started it all

Random poster

Quick photoshop

Old 12-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Looooooooove that first set.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly: random poster, not so good. The rest? Fantastic! Keep em coming!

Old 12-17-2011, 05:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slord
Honestly: random poster, not so good. The rest? Fantastic! Keep em coming!
Care to share why? Just curious on your opinion is all.

Old 12-17-2011, 06:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ShutterSpeed
Care to share why? Just curious on your opinion is all.
I see it as too plain. The reventon and the jet are just two images turned to vector images (what it looks like at least) and everything is one muted color. It's not bad but far from the level of the first piece(s) that had many more details. Maybe bringing out some of the details in the background image could add another dimension to the piece, making the 'flame" off the jet or the white streaks through the whole image pop more. I supposed I shouldn't be comparing apples to oranges but that's my take on it.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I can agree with you on it being more "plain" then the other pieces, but this was made with an art deco influence for a certain project. More layers and values can be added but I chose not to. I will say it looks outstanding when printed on a nice piece of water color paper though!

Old 12-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
These are two paintings I'm working on finishing right now. The BlancPain car is a repaint of another Gallardo race car that someone never came to pick up. The GTR is a "fantasy" race car for a TS member. I'm making it up as I go and it will be complete with a light livery and numbers and all that good stuff. Both paintings are acrylic on gallery canvas, 24" by 48". Both are still WIP and have a ways to go.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Making slow progress on the GTR, have to constantly remind myself to be patient and take my time. Working on another piece for my apartment as well, experimenting with textures and layers.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The "2" piece is awesome. I'm a fan of the abstract. The two paintings are looking great as well.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Thanks! I've got these two Gorillaz pieces hanging up for the last year or so and I'm getting tired of looking at them so I'm working on some cool stuff to hang up.

extra "abstract" piece I did awhile back.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shutterspeed/Arts