Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!

Photos from Haiti

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ctzn You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Photos from Haiti

I recently had the pleasure of spending some time in Haiti, doing volunteer work in schools and orphanages. I was there with a non-profit that provides new shoes to children in devastated areas.

Spending time with these children was truly a beautiful experience, albeit very sad. Visiting an orphanage anywhere is a sad ordeal, but spending time at one in the poorest country in the western hemisphere was heartbreaking.

The kids were all smiles though, filled with spirit and energy. It was clear they were happy to spend time with anyone that cared enough to reach out. I found myself filled with joy at one moment, and nearly reduced to tears the next.

Haiti is a beautiful country in tatters. The people are friendly and warm, despite much of the population being relegated to tent cities, built within the rubble of Port au Prince. A huge contrast between the lovely people, beautiful landscapes and the trash leaden streets, broken buildings and lack of infrastructure.

Below are some of my personal pictures. I wanted to capture the faces of these children and the many emotions weighing on each of them. Enjoy, and feel free to leave feedback.

This first one is myself and one of the orphans, obviously not taken by me

and my pics:

See the full set here.

Old 05-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Great photos and very important cause.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Very moving, thanks for sharing.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice of you to help the people of Haiti.

Its not a story that's being covered in the media any more.

Thanks for reminding us that there is still work to be done.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Much respect.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for sharing! Its hard to believe all the money that was pledged by all the different countries and 3/4 of the people are living in tents very sad.

Old 05-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you.