Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!

The work of a 5 year old

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 01:50 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
The work of a 5 year old

My 5 year old daughter really seems to be artistically inclined. She's always drawing, painting, and now photographing and taking video's.

Last week, she picked up my phone, which is an Evo, and somehow on her own figured out how to get to the camera. So she started taking pics. She's drawn to color and has started arranging things so the "look better" in the pic to use her words.

I just thought that some of these were cute enough to share.

These two are from this morning. I was giving a private Brazilian Jiu-jitsu lesson to a cop buddy:
My buddy

Word to the wise. It is a bad idea to teach cops nifty throws. That is my 215 ass getting thrown. He enjoyed it a bit too much. Might be because he was getting choked to hell and back (hence the nickname).

My brother

My sister in law

She took about five shots of this balloon till she felt it was right.

She asked to have a light turned on so that she could take a pic of this car

My brothers cat

She's sneaky...

An eye for color and arrangement

Ace is not happy about his impending bath. Getting a 125 Rhodesian Ridgeback into a tub, when he doesn't want to go is entertaining.

A night out

She made me "freeze" so she could get the red cup

Her first attempt at intentionally arranging things for a picture (blurry, but she's learning)

second attempt

attracted to the colors

Learning to be artsy with a camera

Self Shot

She loves this little monstrosity (made in my likeness of course)

Old 09-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
She's a cutie!
Good to see you're getting use out of the Oakleys

Old 09-12-2010, 02:15 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
She's a cutie!
Good to see you're getting use out of the Oakleys
LOL!

Heck yea I am!

I haven't managed to break them yet!

Old 09-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Be careful, B. She'll be asking for a DSLR of her own soon.

That's awesome that she's picked up a liking for photography at such a young age! I can tell how proud you are of her. As Bonehead said, she's a cute kid.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting perspective from a five year old. i didn't know which side was up at that age.