Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!

The Best That I Can Do - C&C Irvine April 10, 2010 [MANY PICS]

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The Best That I Can Do - C&C Irvine April 10, 2010 [MANY PICS]

On Saturday – April 10, 2010 – my son Paul, my pal Erich and I attended the Cars & Coffee car meet in Irvine, California.

It was a grey morning and a little cold – by So Cal standards anyway. But this did not dissuade the car enthusiasts from showing up in large numbers.

I truly enjoy the car meets. Of course, I love seeing the rare, exotic and classic cars. But I also enjoy seeing how these wonderful machines affect the people who view them.

I love to capture the expressions of the faces of passersby as they see something like a Carrera GT or a Scuderia that they have never seen before. The look of absolute shock and joy is something that is rarely seen in any other context.

Shooting an event like this – with 600 cars and roughly 2,000 people in a very small space – can be very difficult. It is almost impossible to get a shot without people in the way. But I never get frustrated. That is why we are all there.

On this day, the lighting was right, the people were in a particularly good mood and my finger stayed on the camera’s trigger more than normal.

Out of about 1,000 photos, I was able to pick out the best 150 or so. I will post the best examples here.

If you would like to see the entire gallery, visit this link: Cars & Coffee April 10, 2010 - Downforce Media

Today I have organized the pics by car make.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my pics. Enjoy.

The Ferraris were plentiful this day. Both old and new.

Last edited by Barrister; 04-12-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Porsches were also very well represented.

This was a very interesting car. It had a paper that described it as a 1981 Porsche
924 Carrera GTS Lightweight #20. Only 56 were made. Curb weight: 2472 lbs.

Last edited by Barrister; 04-12-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
A few BMWs

A bad Lambo and a nice Lambo - you guess which is which.

A nice DBS

Just for H20Skier!

For UBC

Some odds and ends

Let There Be Bikes!

And as a final pic I thought I would post something funny. The handsome gentleman in the blue jacket seemed to mysteriously
appear in the background of nearly all my shots. He had this incredible look of "WTF!" on his face each time. Classic!

Thanks for looking at my pics.

Last edited by Barrister; 04-12-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
u bastard...u pic the one day I'm wearing my blue jacket to take a pic of me...dammit

Old 04-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by TUUNER
u bastard...u pic the one day I'm wearing my blue jacket to take a pic of me...dammit
Wait, I thought you were the little kid to the left!

Old 04-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Great pics, D-Money! I love that 924 and the 904. Looks like a fun event. I wish they were weekly up here in MN...

Old 04-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Wait, I thought you were the little kid to the left!
that's my wife.

we are no longer friends.

[/e-legal-TS-relationship-w-YOU]

Old 04-12-2010, 09:43 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Wow D, don't laugh but is this a real 924 GT ? Always wanted a perfectly preserved or restored one!

Old 04-12-2010, 09:45 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I loving that Dark Red F355, what colour is that looks similar to Russo Mugello. I like the Red599 with Novitecs as well.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by DJ
Wow D, don't laugh but is this a real 924 GT ? Always wanted a perfectly preserved or restored one!
Not laughing at all. I was shocked myself.

I cannot be sure. It was the first time I have ever seen one.

But I strongly believe that it is authentic.

It drew quite a crowd all day long and the owner was mobbed with questions.

Here is a pic of the description he placed on the windshield.

Here is another pic I did not include above.

Quick Reply: The Best That I Can Do - C&C Irvine April 10, 2010 [MANY PICS]