Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!

What I've been up to lately - Sebring Preseason photos!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond repute
Talking What I've been up to lately - Sebring Preseason photos!

How is it going everyone?! I haven't posted in a while so I figured I would give the photography section a swift kick in the butt and post up what I've been up to lately. I thought you guys may enjoy this.

I was talked into (it wasn't very hard) attending the Sebring preseason testing for ALMS by a good friend of mine. Attending this only makes me look forward to the Sebring 12 Hours Race even more in the upcoming months!

During the day I snagged some photos that include some new upcoming race cars that will be partaking in this year's racing circuits! M3 anyone? Just wait until the R15 comes out to play!

I finally arrived and met up with Kevin and hung out with him for the day. It’s always a good day when it’s spent with a fellow hardcore car enthusiast.

We were pretty severely restricted to where we could go (2 turns of the track) so I made the most of my limited accessibility and practiced my panning. I haven’t shot live action automotive photography in months so this was a great experience that made me remember why I love photographing cars so much again.

Plus, Kevin let me borrow his friend’s 300mm 2.8 IS for the last bit of the day. I now remember why I am saving my pennies for that lens – it’s a freaking beast! Without a doubt, some of the cleanest and crisp photos I’ve ever taken from my camera, ever!

The full gallery from that day can be located here:

Chris Grosser Photography

Anyway, here are some of my photos from that particular day:

God, this car is SEXY!

The rest can be found on my website. I promise to provide full event coverage when the race finally rolls around here in a couple months!

Hopefully someone will sponsor me and provide me with some media credentials! Does anyone have any magazine or website hookups? I would severely appreciate it!

Thanks for viewing and enjoy!

- Chris

Last edited by Chris G; 02-07-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! Fantastic shots!

Old 02-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I've seen these pics on a few different forums now, but they still don't cease to amaze me! You really did a great job, Chris! I wish I could make it down to Sebring for the 12 Hr race but it doesn't quite line up with my spring break this year. It would've been really cool to meet up and shoot with you! You're panning keeps getting better and better! I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Old 02-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rockfreak300
Hopefully someone will sponsor me and provide me with some media credentials! Does anyone have any magazine or website hookups? I would severely appreciate it!

Thanks for viewing and enjoy!

- Chris
Try PMing DJ. I'm sure he'd love to get some exclusive Sebring coverage and might even be able to work some of his magic.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by Alzilla
I've seen these pics on a few different forums now, but they still don't cease to amaze me! You really did a great job, Chris! I wish I could make it down to Sebring for the 12 Hr race but it doesn't quite line up with my spring break this year. It would've been really cool to meet up and shoot with you! You're panning keeps getting better and better! I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your work!
I always have to apologize in advance when I post up the photos on all the car forums but it's amazing how many people DON'T post on other forums.

It's funny for the people that all follow each other around from forum to forum (much like myself) but I for the ones that don't, at least it's something new!

Hopefully someone can get some enjoyment out of the pictures!

Still wish I could have met up with you this year. We could have had a panning face off. You got me hooked with your photos from last year. I figure if I have 12 Hours to practice at Sebring and I still can't snag a few good photos, I'm doomed!

Old 02-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Great pics. How does that new M3 GTR sound?

The M3 GTR from the ALMS 2000 season was one of the best sounding race cars ever....a muted gutteral snarl that I have not heard on anything since.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE1967
Great pics. How does that new M3 GTR sound?

The M3 GTR from the ALMS 2000 season was one of the best sounding race cars ever....a muted gutteral snarl that I have not heard on anything since.
Search on Youtube.

I hope I can go to Sebring this year.

Old 02-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond repute
Chris,
Those are some fantastic photos.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Rockfreak300
Still wish I could have met up with you this year. We could have had a panning face off. You got me hooked with your photos from last year. I figure if I have 12 Hours to practice at Sebring and I still can't snag a few good photos, I'm doomed!
Yeah, 12 hours of shooting is a loooong time. Last year when I went, I was at the track from Thurs though Saturday, usually from 8am til 9 or 10 pm every night. If you bring enough memory and plenty of spare batteries, you'd be amazed by how many decent shots you get. I left FL with 62 GB worth of pics and took at least 2500 on race day alone. I think you'd win in a pan-off though. You've gotten a lot more practice than me lately. I haven't shot any cars in motion since last May.

Anyway, keep shooting! You're doing great!

Old 02-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Yeah, 12 hours of shooting is a loooong time. Last year when I went, I was at the track from Thurs though Saturday, usually from 8am til 9 or 10 pm every night. If you bring enough memory and plenty of spare batteries, you'd be amazed by how many decent shots you get. I left FL with 62 GB worth of pics and took at least 2500 on race day alone. I think you'd win in a pan-off though. You've gotten a lot more practice than me lately. I haven't shot any cars in motion since last May.

Anyway, keep shooting! You're doing great!
Dang...I only took 3k all weekend at Petit.

Quick Reply: What I've been up to lately - Sebring Preseason photos!