Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!

Some military photos

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 10:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Someone better square away that kid's cover, cover up that bling, and get his eyes front!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Someone better square away that kid's cover, cover up that bling, and get his eyes front!
LOL, go easy there Sergeant Major....

Could be worse

Old 04-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Come on, the peace-loving members of Hezbollah would NEVER have a militia of children...

Oh, wait, that's what the headline says.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:18 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
GuessWho.

I can't go back to the site i linked from ( site is NSFW ) so ill try do it at some stage tonight.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by GuessWho
MARSOC

(And before you ask, the blue barrel means it's a simunition gun)
That's a toy gun, but this is all that should be on an M4. All those doo-dads defeat the purpose:

Force Recon Marines... OORAH!
Chris/Gobbles, like these? They look kind of different, but I was mainly curious if they were running two red lasers or something what the point would be/how the laser being offset would affect sighting - I'm assuming you could angle them and zero them for a certain range...?

Thanks to all that have/do serve... my cousin is flying choppers in Kuwait and Iraq (I forget where he's stationed - I'll look it up) and another cousin of mine is dating a marine sharpshooter who's going back to the mideast for round two or three - he loves it

Last edited by cstroked; 04-16-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:50 PM
Watch this space.
Here you go:

When you have two systems (visible/IR laser for example) in one housing, there are set screws to adjust the beam to point of aim/point of impact. Each will angle the beam very slightly toward the muzzle to a point downrange (for lasers usually 100m). When in doubt, HOLD LOW!

Old 04-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Here you go:

When you have two systems (visible/IR laser for example) in one housing, there are set screws to adjust the beam to point of aim/point of impact. Each will angle the beam very slightly toward the muzzle to a point downrange (for lasers usually 100m). When in doubt, HOLD LOW!
Are most Marines and soldiers issued night-vision goggles? I understand that the lasers on the Insight Technology AN/PEQ-2 that I keep seeing on these M4 pics can only be seen with night-vision.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Watch this space.
The Marines pictured are special operators. I don't know how it breaks down now, but when I was in, out of a platoon of 40, the only guys with NODs were the Platoon Commander, Platoon Sergeant, and each of the three Squad Leaders. The rest of us were SOL. The only time we got one to "borrow" was in the defense at night.

Believe or not, after being in total darkness (just some moonlight), your own night vision gets exceedingly sharp. Not as good as NODs, but not bad. That's why smoking, white light, etc. are BIG no-nos.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute