Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!

Chris Grosser Photography + Modified Luxury and Exotics Magazine = Awesomeness +1

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Chris Grosser Photography + Modified Luxury and Exotics Magazine = Awesomeness +1

It's been a year in the making. I finally accomplished one of my main goals set for myself in regards to my photography endeavors. I managed to make it into a major magazine in under a year of photographing!

It all came about from sheer luck and a love for photos. I was photographing an event (Festivals of Speed) and had a young stranger with a 30D in hand talk to me while I was shooting. He looked at me, looked at my gear, and asked if I could help him out with his photos. As luck would have it, he ended up being Dustin Woods, editor and writer for MLE at the time.

I helped him out and after a bit of confusion on his end with interpreting what I was saying in regards to what his camera settings should be he stopped me mid-sentence, handed me his business card and asked me if I would be interested in submitting my photos to MLE. After a quick laugh I happily agreed and submitted my photos to them via discs in the mail and after a bad run in with the post and them delivering my photos 3 weeks later I missed the cutoff for their article by a day. Tough luck.

After much profanity and an angry slur of words towards the post office, 6 months rolled around and the event popped up again. I happily volunteered to shoot the event for them again in hopes that it would have a happier ending.

Thankfully, I can say this time it most definitely did and the results of 1 year of waiting and working can be found below:

The full setup - the forum, my double page spread, and my backup 50D.

The dual spread:

The second half with the article itself:

I'm glad that I can say I was featured in such a high profile and respected magazine at least once albeit the very last issue but I guess in a strange kind of way makes it that much more heart felt and special to me.

Inevitably, I HIGHLY recommend you stop by your local Barnes and Noble and pick up this issue since well, I'm in it and MLE is a great read.

Thanks for checking this out everyone and enjoy,

- Chris

Old 12-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
you literally copy and pasted this.
/rant

Good work on reaching your goals.

Old 12-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Chris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond reputeChris G has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by Craigger
you literally copy and pasted this.
/rant

Good work on reaching your goals.
When you're on as many forums as I am you have to!

Plus, it's not necessarily a given that everyone posts or browses the SAME forums.

Last edited by Chris G; 12-10-2008 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
congrats Chris! Great Accomplishment!

Old 12-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rockfreak300
When you're on as many forums as I am you have to!

Plus, it's not necessarily a given that everyone posts or browses the SAME forums.
YAY!! I have a life!!! this is the only forum I've seen this!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Chris! You work damn hard (much harder than I can claim, anyway) and you totally deserved this! Keep up the amazing work and I hope to see your pics in many more magazines soon! I'll swing by B&N on Friday to pick up a copy! Maybe someday I can get you to sign it for me?

Old 12-10-2008, 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by alkyoneus
congrats Chris! Great Accomplishment!
Thanks buddy, I appreciate it!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Zorro
YAY!! I have a life!!! this is the only forum I've seen this!
Good!

I don't mean any disrespect by simply copy and pasting my text. I spent a fair amount of time physically writing out the story behind the article and how I achieved it. With the amount of forums I'm on, changing it for every site would be nuts.

Crazily enough, people do follow my work / website so I think it's only fair to keep people updated.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:24 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
my man that's great news, love the new avatar as well!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Congrats Chris! You work damn hard (much harder than I can claim, anyway) and you totally deserved this! Keep up the amazing work and I hope to see your pics in many more magazines soon! I'll swing by B&N on Friday to pick up a copy! Maybe someday I can get you to sign it for me?
Sebring my friend, Sebring!

I really hope you're going again. I can't believe I missed you last year.

It seems like I've met so many more people on the forums since last year. I have a couple of my buddies from different car forums flying out for the event.

7 of us are renting a massive RV and camping out a couple of days prior to the race.

I'll be photographing again this year. Not sure if it will be towards a magazine but I'll be there shooting nonetheless.

We will have to finally meet up!

Thanks for the kind words!

Quick Reply: Chris Grosser Photography + Modified Luxury and Exotics Magazine = Awesomeness +1