Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!

Upgrade from old Digital Rebel?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond repute
Upgrade from old Digital Rebel?

I have the first generation of Canon Digital Rebel -- when they first came out I snagged one and have been using it ever since. I think it's 8MP. Takes nice photos but always lookin' for something better.

How much better are the newer Rebels or other Canon/Nikon digitals? Are they worth the upgrade? I'm no pro but like taking digital pics...

Any advice appreciated!

Old 02-06-2008, 12:55 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
2euro is a jewel in the rough2euro is a jewel in the rough2euro is a jewel in the rough2euro is a jewel in the rough2euro is a jewel in the rough2euro is a jewel in the rough2euro is a jewel in the rough2euro is a jewel in the rough2euro is a jewel in the rough2euro is a jewel in the rough2euro is a jewel in the rough
I to have the first gen rebel. I think the camera is still great. Save your money and get really good lenes.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Thought & Theory - Strategic Partner
ekboost is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree. You'll get more value out of getting a better lens. Or you could be like me and just find a used 20d and just move up slowly. The 40d is trick but I don't think you'll notice that much of a difference after you get some practice in.

Old 02-08-2008, 02:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
I used a rebel xti today.... it felt like a toy compared to 20d

ill be selling mine soon

Old 03-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
deadfred145 is an unknown quantity at this point
I always thought that the XT was a little 'cheesy'. Although the XTi is really nice, I am completely satisfied with mine. I was also like how the Xti has a lot more preset\customizable camera modes.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
vodkarocket is an unknown quantity at this point
I jumped from the regular Digital Rebel to an XTi, and have been very happy with the upgrade.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
I'd get new lenses before I changed the body, if I were you. Some nice L-Glass, a little f1.4 50mm ... that will bring more improvement than just changing the body.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:59 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
The prices are falling through the floor. I just picked up a new D80 from Wolf Camera two days ago for $799. Love it! It is FAR more camera than I know how to use, but the basics are very simple. I'm excited to get to learn at least a little bit about more advanced shooting, and this thing will be a darn good start.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:01 AM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
maybe pick up a 30D...great camera...I'm of the mind that you should buy the best camera (within reason) you can afford..also the worse photographer you are the more you NEED a better camera!

Old 03-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
seriously, just take mine

hahaha