Notices
Photography | Art Show off your artistic side! Talk about the latest gear and trends in the world of photography and fine Art here!

Nikon D90

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 05:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Nikon D90

What out there can be compared with the D90?
I am looking to get an SLR for general photography and the news and “greatest” camera out there right now is the D90 (so I was told)
I used to be Canon person myself (EOS10)… but I have been out of the SLRs world for some time now.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ty328 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by GrayTT
What out there can be compared with the D90?
I am looking to get an SLR for general photography and the news and “greatest” camera out there right now is the D90 (so I was told)
I used to be Canon person myself (EOS10)… but I have been out of the SLRs world for some time now.
I don't think D90 is the "greatest" camera out there, it only take 12.3 Megapixel. You have Nikon D300 & the big brother D3 which to me is the "greatest" camera Nikon make.

When you compare to Canon, EOS 50D will be close to D90.
15.1 Megapixel. Like to point out both camera are not full frame.
On the Canon side you also have 5D, IDs Mark III (21.1 Megapixel).

If you want to buy a camera under $1000, you can't go wrong with the D90.
Hope this will help?

Old 10-18-2008, 06:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
If you can wait, get the new Canon 5D Mark II, it's got a HD-video function, is full frame and is great in low light because of the new sensor.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
thanx guys
i am looking for a body and lens for under $1,500

Old 10-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
speedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond repute
I just upgraded from the Nikon D70 to the D90. Used it today for the first time and so far a big improvement. I will have some pictures up later. Also the low light performance is supposed to be great. The movie mode is very hard to use and will be more of an occasional thing to play with. A lot of stuff to learn and play with.

As for a camera under $1500, both Nikon and Canon have great ones. I would recommend going to a store and trying them out. A lot of it is how they feel in your hands. Some people like the way Canons feel, other prefer Nikons. Then decide upon features and lenses you want. If you went with the D90 the kit with a 18-105 lens can be purchased for under $1300.

What are you going to be using it for, car shows, sport, landscapes, nature?

Old 10-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PorscheFanatic
If you can wait, get the new Canon 5D Mark II, it's got a HD-video function, is full frame and is great in low light because of the new sensor.
Im def getting this one as my next cam after i master my xti

Old 10-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by scsz
What are you going to be using it for, car shows, sport, landscapes, nature?
looking to do a little of everything...
mostly cars, travel oh and a small thing about my first kid coming soon

Old 10-19-2008, 11:59 PM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
I just bought a Canon 50D and could not be happier with it. I own a Canon 30D and 1DS Mark II. The 50D is a huge improvement over the 30D...Just incredible camera with nice big files if you like to print large. Highly recommended. I have about 10 lenses and the perfect walk around lens with this camera is the 24-105 IS F4. On a the crop body it's about 38-168, can't beat the constant F4.

I usually much prefer Full Frame and have a Canon 5D Mark II on order but for the time being I am really enjoying the 50D and will definitely keep it for long shots.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
speedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond reputespeedandmotion has a reputation beyond repute
Old 10-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by GrayTT
looking to do a little of everything...
mostly cars, travel oh and a small thing about my first kid coming soon
If you do not want to change lenses then the Nikon 18-200VR would be a good choice. That is what I am using and it is a nice versatile lens. If you want something with a little better image quality the Nikon 16-85VR is very good and the extra 2mm on the wide end is nice. Then match it with the 70-300VR and you would have a nice combination.

Quick Reply: Nikon D90