Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Face-lifted Audi R8 Debuts at 2012 Moscow Motor Show

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 04:42 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Face-lifted Audi R8 Debuts at 2012 Moscow Motor Show

Name:  audi_moscow_r8.jpg
Views: 3071
Size:  125.4 KB

Face-lifted Audi R8 Debuts at 2012 Moscow Motor Show

Moscow? Yes you read that correctly, the newly refreshed Audi R8 made its world premier today at the Moscow Auto Show, featuring a totally new 7-speed S-tronic, LED headlights and the new rear indicator lights with dynamicized display standard, she looks as good as she sounds.

The overhauled Audi R8 will roll off the line to European customers at the end of the year. The base price is EUR 113,500 for the V8 Coupé, and EUR 124,800 for the Spyder. The V10 variants are listed at EUR 154,600 and EUR 165,900 respectively, while the R8 V10 plus costs EUR 173,200.

For more info on the new R8 follow to the original release here -> https://teamspeed.com/forums/perform...r8-2013-a.html

Name:  moscow-motor-show-2012-15.jpg
Views: 3688
Size:  135.2 KB

Name:  2Moscow-20120829.jpg
Views: 2580
Size:  173.7 KB

Name:  Danil Kolodin_MIAS_100-4000.jpg
Views: 1751
Size:  156.2 KB

Name:  Danil Kolodin_MIAS_101-4000.jpg
Views: 1907
Size:  179.2 KB

Name:  Danil Kolodin_MIAS_104-4000.jpg
Views: 1715
Size:  183.0 KB

Name:  Danil Kolodin_MIAS_105.jpg
Views: 1822
Size:  154.6 KB

Old 08-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
DJ, thanks for posting these up.

As a former R8 owner though, I don't like the new headlamp design...that line across the middle of it just breaks things up too much and creates this weird looking void in the area above it...if that makes any sense at all lol.

I do like the GT-inspired tailpipes though!

Name:  FaceliftddR8_V10Plus_02-L.jpg
Views: 1922
Size:  119.1 KB

Old 08-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vpr1019 has a reputation beyond reputevpr1019 has a reputation beyond reputevpr1019 has a reputation beyond reputevpr1019 has a reputation beyond reputevpr1019 has a reputation beyond reputevpr1019 has a reputation beyond reputevpr1019 has a reputation beyond reputevpr1019 has a reputation beyond reputevpr1019 has a reputation beyond reputevpr1019 has a reputation beyond reputevpr1019 has a reputation beyond repute
I love that blue.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished roaddieter.manero is on a distinguished road
Have to agree with alwin, The headlights just looks wrong. I was hoping for a more than a minor facelift, but I can live with it.

Old 08-29-2012, 11:07 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe some really good deals are to come now on low mile v10 spiders?! ;-)

Old 08-30-2012, 01:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
RonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond reputeRonnieRenaldi has a reputation beyond repute
Taillights look good but not the headlights I think...

Old 08-30-2012, 09:59 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
Some updated images:

Name:  Danil Kolodin_MIAS_094-4000.jpg
Views: 1793
Size:  160.3 KB

Name:  Danil Kolodin_MIAS_096-4000.jpg
Views: 1644
Size:  192.5 KB

Name:  Danil Kolodin_MIAS_099-4000.jpg
Views: 1700
Size:  164.7 KB

Old 08-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
That looks sick!

Old 08-31-2012, 01:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
moabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond reputemoabite has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a fan of the front end refresh and Audi's move to the solid bar appearance away from the individual LED bulb look on previous models.

I've always liked how Audi played to the enthusiast eye with the subtle differences in exhaust fittings. Most folks who don't know cars think the A, S and RS "all look the same". Of course we all know it, single or double left at the A level (spread singles for any 3.2), quad at the S level and oval at RS. I felt oval was appropriate on the R8 and brought a nice top end feature back to the RS to reinforce the performance level and comparison of components between RS cars and the top level R8.

I'm rambling now but I think many of you will understand where I'm going with this. The introduction of the large round exhaust fittings on the R8 GT were great - a new subtle definition of the best Audi available (relatively speaking - they make a lot of different type of vehicles). Now that these new tips are the standard on all R8s could be interpreted two ways imo - 1 - defining the top level with a clear separation from RS models or 2 - straying from what has been one of the most established differentiations between the model levels at Audi.

I know I'm really reading into this way too much and my OCD is very evident in this post but just my thoughts on the new design.

Old 08-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Maybe some really good deals are to come now on low mile v10 spiders?! ;-)
There have been some pretty good deals on those for a while now.

Quick Reply: Face-lifted Audi R8 Debuts at 2012 Moscow Motor Show