Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up a new daily driver...R8

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
Thanks guys, appreciate the kind comments. It really has been a joy to drive and the commute has been transformed into something I look forward to as opposed to the mundane. I have about a 35-45 min commute, all highway with some two lane country roads thrown in

As far as the A8 story, we have had a wonderful nanny that has been with us for years, part of the family and treats our kiddos like her own. Her 19 yo son was visiting and he took the car with his mum to go to the local mall. Well, he was waiting in a turning lane in the median of a 4 lane busy road, turned across traffic and got nailed broadside on the passenger side hard. It caved in the C pillar but luckily no one was hurt. Car held up amazingly but the frame was bent and the car was subsequently written off.

There was no point being upset. My wife and I were so thankful they were ok and they were so emotionally shaken up and distraught at the damage we couldnt help but feel sorry for them. In the end, we took care of the deductible, insurance wrote a check and we replaced it with another A8L. Mrs liked the A8L so much that she says "hey, I love the A8 and am not driving the ML63 much, why don't you trade it in and buy yourself something fun as a daily ?".....and thats how the R8 showed up
You've got a keeper!

Old 08-08-2012, 05:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
makes me miss my old ibis R8...the gated discostick was so fun. enjoy in great health!

Old 08-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
R8 as a daily and a wife who gets it... You sir are blessed

Old 08-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Congrats on the new purchase

Old 08-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Doc!

Old 08-18-2012, 01:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!TheStigSC You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by RufMD
Thanks guys, appreciate the kind comments. It really has been a joy to drive and the commute has been transformed into something I look forward to as opposed to the mundane. I have about a 35-45 min commute, all highway with some two lane country roads thrown in

As far as the A8 story, we have had a wonderful nanny that has been with us for years, part of the family and treats our kiddos like her own. Her 19 yo son was visiting and he took the car with his mum to go to the local mall. Well, he was waiting in a turning lane in the median of a 4 lane busy road, turned across traffic and got nailed broadside on the passenger side hard. It caved in the C pillar but luckily no one was hurt. Car held up amazingly but the frame was bent and the car was subsequently written off.

There was no point being upset. My wife and I were so thankful they were ok and they were so emotionally shaken up and distraught at the damage we couldnt help but feel sorry for them. In the end, we took care of the deductible, insurance wrote a check and we replaced it with another A8L. Mrs liked the A8L so much that she says "hey, I love the A8 and am not driving the ML63 much, why don't you trade it in and buy yourself something fun as a daily ?".....and thats how the R8 showed up
Good thing everyone was ok. And good for you for keeping your cool. That is extremely impressive of you. And I would agree that your lady is awesome if she's telling you to go buy fun cars gotta find me one like that!

Old 08-18-2012, 11:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Great pickup and I have looked at one myself but went the TT route instead. It sure does have a lovely sound and the carbon package is the best. Enjoy!

Old 09-07-2012, 04:24 AM
Former Sponsor
Corey@WheelsBoutique is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats on the R8. I just so happen to have a set of ADV.1's for your car in stock!

https://teamspeed.com/forums/perform...p-audi-r8.html

Old 09-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
AudiBull is an unknown quantity at this point
Hope you get as many trouble free miles out of the R8 as you got from the A6.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Joey is on a distinguished roadADV.1 Joey is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Tony
You've got a keeper!
I agree!!

Awesome daily, congrats!