Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up a new daily driver...R8

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond reputeMietek23 has a reputation beyond repute
R8 as a daily driver = awesome! Congrats and +1 on the A8L story

Old 08-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
COngrats Jas! Good call, bud.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
great daily, my kind of colors.

Old 08-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
love how you played off the a8 story, as if it's just no big deal. can I be your new replacement nanny? I've never even gotten a ticket...

Old 08-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Nice pickup its Identical to mine Jas. This was my only car therefore daily driver 14k miles and no issues. I also had full carbon blades, engine and interior with the 4.2 6MT alot of fun and it give a nice exotic factor with German reliability / daily drivability. ENJOY.

Last edited by Marc; 08-05-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA) has a reputation beyond repute
Great daily driver, congrats

Old 08-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys, appreciate the kind comments. It really has been a joy to drive and the commute has been transformed into something I look forward to as opposed to the mundane. I have about a 35-45 min commute, all highway with some two lane country roads thrown in

As far as the A8 story, we have had a wonderful nanny that has been with us for years, part of the family and treats our kiddos like her own. Her 19 yo son was visiting and he took the car with his mum to go to the local mall. Well, he was waiting in a turning lane in the median of a 4 lane busy road, turned across traffic and got nailed broadside on the passenger side hard. It caved in the C pillar but luckily no one was hurt. Car held up amazingly but the frame was bent and the car was subsequently written off.

There was no point being upset. My wife and I were so thankful they were ok and they were so emotionally shaken up and distraught at the damage we couldnt help but feel sorry for them. In the end, we took care of the deductible, insurance wrote a check and we replaced it with another A8L. Mrs liked the A8L so much that she says "hey, I love the A8 and am not driving the ML63 much, why don't you trade it in and buy yourself something fun as a daily ?".....and thats how the R8 showed up

Old 08-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
keprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond reputekeprunited8 has a reputation beyond repute
Now that's a good woman!

Old 08-08-2012, 12:29 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by keprunited8
Now that's a good woman!
I married waaaaayy above my station

Old 08-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
domesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond reputedomesticdemon has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RufMD
Mrs liked the A8L so much that she says "hey, I love the A8 and am not driving the ML63 much, why don't you trade it in and buy yourself something fun as a daily ?".....and thats how the R8 showed up

Quick Reply: Picked up a new daily driver...R8