Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shipping R8 Spyder V10 abroad for some summer fun

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 01:06 PM
XTO
Teamspeed Member
XTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished road
Shipping R8 Spyder V10 abroad for some summer fun

Hello All,

I have had the car for close to 2 years now. I live in the UK, central London, so coupled with the lack of time and lack of sunshine i don’t get to use the car much! (Sad to say it’s just done 2,500 miles in that time!)

Well, i got bored of this fact, so today i placed it in a ship container and tomorrow it sets sail for the sunny island of Cyprus (in the med). Should arrive within 2 weeks!

I thought i would post up pictures and maybe videos of the car and trips with some basic reviews, if people are interested….

I am excited, as it’s been a dream for me to take a proper sports car abroad for some real summer driving.

Cyprus has excellent roads, with 90% of them being comparatively quite new. Excellent mountain roads/passes, tunnels, nice long motorway straights etc… basically its what these cars where designed for!!

Below is the car when I drove it into the container. ( those two guys work at the forwarding company.)

….And this is the money shot! The moment when I held my breath until it was lifted saftley……

If anyone has any questions etc. please ask away!

Kr

XTO

Attached Images   

Last edited by XTO; 07-31-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Now double that current milage on your vacation! Have fun!

Old 07-31-2012, 01:20 PM
XTO
Teamspeed Member
XTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished road
A3aa- That is the Aim! looking to do some serious miles. i should do about 1 years driving in about 10 days while there!

Old 07-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Cool!!!

Old 08-01-2012, 03:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of lightgr1zly is a glorious beacon of light
awesome

Old 08-13-2012, 08:21 AM
XTO
Teamspeed Member
Happy to say that the car has arrived and at port waiting pick up!

now lets just hope, my guy can get the car out without any damage.

i also bought a Go pro camera for in car entertainment, if anyone would care to see!!

Old 08-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
yep show us some driving!

Old 08-13-2012, 09:48 AM
XTO
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Maxtheone
yep show us some driving!
I have a couple of nice roads to show and some lovely tunnels!!

will let that v10 howl!

Car our of the container- took 6 guys to organise its exit due to the low hight!

Old 08-16-2012, 03:21 PM
XTO
Teamspeed Member
Hi guys, got the car off the trailer and had it sent to the house. got these pics to show. Father and son reunited after 14 years gap!

Attached Images   
Old 08-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome! Didn't know Cyprus had great roads. Post plenty of pics and vids!

Quick Reply: Shipping R8 Spyder V10 abroad for some summer fun