Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 RS5 ordered...anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ljg
Audi interiors are top notch, no question there. BMW generally wins on the driving experience, though, when classing up. BMW steering feel, brakes, suspension and weight distribution make for a much more driver-centric car IMO. That being said, I still like Audis, especially for snowy regions.
No question. I had 2 audi's and a BMW. The bimmer was way more fun to drive. Unless it was snowing.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:42 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
BMW has lost their way. Honestly they were the shit a decade ago. Have owned a bunch of M's, AMG's. Audi is currently a better product. Nuff said. (and I own a E, a M3 and and A4)

Old 06-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
BMW has lost their way. Honestly they were the shit a decade ago. Have owned a bunch of M's, AMG's. Audi is currently a better product. Nuff said. (and I own a E, a M3 and and A4)
Agreed. Plus you don't have to be a douche to own one!

On a serious note, I do think BMW has gotten ahead of themselves. I consider them the GM of Germany. They whore out their product by packing in a ton of markup, combined with ridiculous lease/finance deals as far as I am concerned... At some point, that's bound to catch up with you.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
Agreed. Plus you don't have to be a douche to own one!

On a serious note, I do think BMW has gotten ahead of themselves. I consider them the GM of Germany. They whore out their product by packing in a ton of markup, combined with ridiculous lease/finance deals as far as I am concerned... At some point, that's bound to catch up with you.
Although I'll concede that BMW are the kings of entry-luxury affordability, and that a leased 328i with auto and a leatherette interior is probably the best way to announce that you just got a college degree, an entry-level white collar job, and are now BALLIN!, I think that Audi is now beating them on product.

I haven't driven an F30 yet, but every E9X - including the M3 - seemed aloof and "digital" in comparison with the E46 and older BMWs. That characteristic driving experience has been dulled, and those BMW customers who really wanted the Ultimate Driving Machine may have moved on. Those who were left were mainstream consumers interested in style over substance, and they've migrated to Audis, which do look and feel more upmarket for the money. I'm sure you guys saw the "We only make one thing - the ultimate driving machine" ads during Le Mans - I thought that was laughable, since they don't make any driving machines now. They could change my mind by offering a next gen 1M weighing 2800 lbs. (AC, stereo, power windows, power seats, etc. gone - who cares) and producing ~300 hp through a wild I-4 (turbo it, but make it rev hard and above 7K).

Although I admire Audi for the Le Mans prowess, they don't currently make a product that I would consider buying (the B7 RS4 the only recent exception). It's a shame they probably won't make the Quattro concept either.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
big_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond reputebig_slacker has a reputation beyond repute
That's my problem with audi, they need just ONE model that is insane group B style. Everything else is very refined and that's cool for a DD. But it'd be nice to have just a little bit of batshit crazy AWD, high revving madness.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by big_slacker
That's my problem with audi, they need just ONE model that is insane group B style. Everything else is very refined and that's cool for a DD. But it'd be nice to have just a little bit of batshit crazy AWD, high revving madness.
Yeah I might consider buying it! Why spend all the money to go to Le Mans if you market yourself as a rallying company (even though they haven't done that since the 80's) and only build one sports car??

Old 06-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
I like Audi's

And

Porsches

The rest of Germany car manufacturer ing sucks dog dookies

Old 06-18-2012, 12:25 AM
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
Yeah I might consider buying it! Why spend all the money to go to Le Mans if you market yourself as a rallying company (even though they haven't done that since the 80's) and only build one sports car??
Not even going there.

Last edited by Brobbins016; 06-18-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by h20skier
I like Audi's

And

Porsches

The rest of Germany car manufacturer ing sucks dog dookies
That's all I have to say about that...

"E63, whattare you stupid.. 128K? It's an E"

Last edited by Brobbins016; 06-18-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
That's all I have to say about that...

"E63, whattare you stupid.. 128K? It's an E"
MB customers smoke heavy Ganga.

On fchat some guy was looking for a sporty 4 door daily.
I suggested an s4.
Some other guy told me I am an idiot
s65 is the only car he should consider. Lmao $210k for a 4 door depreciation bomb.

I love it.

Quick Reply: 2013 RS5 ordered...anyone else?