Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS5 cabrio coming to the US?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
RS5 cabrio coming to the US?!

May be the case!

Audi RS5 Convertible headed to U.S.

It looks as if Audi plans to bring the menacing RS5 Cabriolet to the U.S., according to Car and Driver. The 450-horsepower convertible showed up in an application for certification with the California Air Resources Board. Those filings are necessary to demonstrate that any new model sold in California adheres to the state's emission standards - a must for any vehicle that goes on sale in the States. While it's worth noting that automakers routinely certify models that may never show up on the U.S. market, that the dropehead RS5 is going through the approval process means the high-power convertible is one step closer to showing up in U.S. showrooms.

Audi has already confirmed the RS5 Coupe for the American market. Like the hardtop, the RS5 Cabriolet delivers 450 horsepower and 317 pound-feet of torque to the pavement via a dual-clutch transmission and quattro all-wheel drive. Sounds like a party

Attached Images  
Old 06-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
That's the word...

Of course, like the M3 convertible, only chicks and hairdressers will drive one. Coupe yes, cabrio no. Go buy a Boxster S if you want a convertible.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
wife wants the cabrio and she is a chick. she drives this back breaking mini cooper s and Im bored with it. Thinking the S5 cabrio is where we will end up but a RS5 sure would be sweet

Old 06-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Wife driving RS5 cabrio = win. Drive on, sir!

Old 06-10-2012, 04:31 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
chicks or me

I like the E93 M3 for what it is...a dynamic,well handling allrounder convertible.City,backcountry roads,snow,giving mommas/grandmas birthday ride around town,having fun on the Autobahn,going out for dinner in style etc

and everybody knows it is not intended to be tracked hard...
If I want a sports car,I take a Cayman R or a 911 and haul ass - and only that for the day then
BMWs of these days are no real sports cars...so why acting as if they were by buying a coupe and still having to make compromises..

the RS5 cab would be a bit to slushbox like though...awd,all save driving and too fat/bloated feeling when cornering imo

Last edited by ECB; 06-10-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Watch this space.
It's ok - you probably don't think it's bad to get backrubs from men either...

Old 06-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
Convertibles really only work half the time for me, just depends on the car and how it looks.

Just from looking at that picture I don't think I like it that much. Audi convertibles like the A4 and A5 just don't do the trick for me.

On the other hand I have always loved the beamer convertibles, especially the 6 series. Saw a nice dark blue M3 convertible in downtown Copenhagen yesterday and I have to say it looked magnificent with the top down. I would probably buy one if it was my decision.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Watch this space.
Nothing wrong with convertibles, mind you. I just have a problem with "muscle car" convertibles, whether German, American, etc. If it has an RS, M, or AMG on it, it shouldn't be a convertible unless it was ONLY a convertible (i.e. SL, SLK, etc.). Just my opinion, but I can't help wondering WTF when I see some dude driving an M3 convertible.

Old 06-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
^^I get what you're saying. I suppose it also depends on what you already own. Like if I already had a couple fun cars (coupes) in the garage I could see myself going for something like an XKR convertible or 430 spider instead of the coupe to switch it up a little bit.

The SL is the only convertible that has ever managed to actually look good to me with the top up.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Nothing wrong with convertibles, mind you. I just have a problem with "muscle car" convertibles, whether German, American, etc. If it has an RS, M, or AMG on it, it shouldn't be a convertible unless it was ONLY a convertible (i.e. SL, SLK, etc.). Just my opinion, but I can't help wondering WTF when I see some dude driving an M3 convertible.
Haha I totally agree. Good to know someone else thinks like that!!!

Quick Reply: RS5 cabrio coming to the US?!