Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi Prices R8 GT Spyder at $210,000

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 12:10 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Sorta like Porsche releasing another variant. The R8 look is boring.next?
Inmo the GT looks awesome...had the R8GT for a bit in Miami last weekend, it kicks major arse and got more looks then any porsche I have ever owned, not to mention it was amazingly comfortable.

The problem is the price tag though, at 200k i'm f-car all the way.

Old 02-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
Inmo the GT looks awesome...had the R8GT for a bit in Miami last weekend, it kicks major arse and got more looks then any porsche I have ever owned, not to mention it was amazingly comfortable.

That's unfair comparison 200k doesn't buy new Ferrri

I honestly think these cars look great. They aren't super exciting (original r8 is all I've driven) but they are a great 200k very in my book

While my love forPorsche is deep I think this is a good car.
Stoppie gotta love your hatred for Lamebos but I think these have a lot of different qualities over those POS gallardo shit boxes. Mainly class. Style and those cool lights

I have only owned 1 Audi but i am more than impressed with the almost 20k miles I already have on mine.

DJ I want your job. Jealous I am!

Old 02-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ShutterSpeed
You're comments are priceless. Audi has hardly whore'd out the R8 compared to Porsche and Lamborghini.
I agree with this 100%. Audi in general still has that great sense of class to its name, whereas Lamborghini, and Porsche, especially, lost it for me a long time ago. Although they're both amazing companies if i was, for whatever reason, going for class with a fast and attractive car, i would take the R8 over a Murci or GT3 any day.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:29 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mixtape
I agree with this 100%. Audi in general still has that great sense of class to its name, whereas Lamborghini, and Porsche, especially, lost it for me a long time ago. Although they're both amazing companies if i was, for whatever reason, going for class with a fast and attractive car, i would take the R8 over a Murci or GT3 any day.
R8
Murci
Gt3

How did you pick those 3?

200k gt cruiser
400k plus original msrp big ars engine nimble like a Sherman tank
130k light weight track car

They couldn't be more different

Old 02-20-2012, 06:45 AM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
R8
Murci
Gt3

How did you pick those 3?
I wasn't using them as examples in terms of performance numbers or anything beyond their names, really. I was referencing more to your word whore'd, and thought that it was what you meant. For me, what i said is true, though. You are right, they cannot be compared to each other and i wasn't. The R8, for me, like i said, still has that sense of class that i'm sure Audi intended for it to have. I'm simply saying that Lamborghini and Porsche, for me, as a person, have lost it (that sense of class). So no point for an argument about money.

Last edited by Mixtape; 02-20-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ

DJ, I found your type of car Mate....

you'll DEFINATELY be noticed in this one...

Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Rolex Fanboy
Originally Posted by Mixtape
I wasn't using them as examples in terms of performance numbers or anything beyond their names, really. I was referencing more to your word whore'd, and thought that it was what you meant. For me, what i said is true, though. You are right, they cannot be compared to each other and i wasn't. The R8, for me, like i said, still has that sense of class that i'm sure Audi intended for it to have. I'm simply saying that Lamborghini and Porsche, for me, as a person, have lost it (that sense of class). So no point for an argument about money.
Porsche is full of class......Some of the owners....Not so.

I don't know what you mean by my word whore'd Wrong thread. I never wrote this anywhere.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Posts in the nude.
Oh you're right, honest mistake; ShutterSpeed had written that, i did not check who did. You replied so i thought you wrote it My mistake!

Sent from my PG06100 using Teamspeed