Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road R8- Possible to convert to LMS look?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 09:06 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!olsson99 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Road R8- Possible to convert to LMS look?

If one were to buy a R8 V10, how hard would it be to fit the LSM body panels and make a "road LMS"? I expect that it would be quite a bit of work, but I guess my question is if the LMS is based on the road chassi or if the whole thing is uber special...???

Any help would be great, going down either this route or a PPI stage 3 widebody kit... ;-)

/JON

Old 11-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure, but the LMS is best looking R8 IMHO!

Old 11-22-2011, 09:20 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
I would assume it would be like creating that GT3-RSR Orbit Racing did from a road GT3RS. Aka - a shitload of work.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura aboutTAHorizon has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by olsson99
If one were to buy a R8 V10, how hard would it be to fit the LSM body panels and make a "road LMS"? I expect that it would be quite a bit of work, but I guess my question is if the LMS is based on the road chassi or if the whole thing is uber special...???

Any help would be great, going down either this route or a PPI stage 3 widebody kit... ;-)

/JON
This is why I heart you Jon. I have been looking into doing the same sort of thing.

You could probably source the body panels through the racing teams or Audi HQ, and then do whatever riveting and molding you need in order to make it all work. Hopefully you are going to be adding a twin turbos as well

Last edited by TAHorizon; 11-23-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:57 PM
DBV
Teamspeed Senior Member
DBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond reputeDBV has a reputation beyond repute
Do it Jon! A nice combination of PPI and LMS parts would equal an EPIC R8!

Old 12-05-2011, 12:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Always trying to change the game Jon, love it! Keep it up! Always love what you do with your cars

Old 12-05-2011, 12:17 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute

DO IT!!!

Last edited by McRae; 12-05-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
only if you own an LMS car will Audi give you access to any of the LMS parts.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alwin
only if you own an LMS car will Audi give you access to any of the LMS parts.
Sounds like you've looked into it

I'm sure some tuner will eventually replicate the bodykit for road R8's.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Teamspeed Member
McJerkins is a jewel in the roughMcJerkins is a jewel in the roughMcJerkins is a jewel in the roughMcJerkins is a jewel in the roughMcJerkins is a jewel in the roughMcJerkins is a jewel in the roughMcJerkins is a jewel in the roughMcJerkins is a jewel in the roughMcJerkins is a jewel in the roughMcJerkins is a jewel in the roughMcJerkins is a jewel in the rough
I sure do hope so. Your Rebellion R1k is amazing.

Quick Reply: Road R8- Possible to convert to LMS look?