Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi A4 Ready for US Launch

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 06:30 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Audi A4 Ready for US Launch

The new Audi A4 is set to enter the strong but tough US market this fall. Longer and wider than the outgoing model, the A4 is Audi’s strongest seller, its bread and butter as many would say, so its introduction to the US market is critical for Audi’s plans to dominate the luxury manufacturer sector.

Initially two engines will be available, the 2.0-liter 211 bhp gasoline option, as well as the 3.2-liter V6 model of 265 bhp. Since Volkswagen has introduced diesel choices to its lineup in America, Audi will follow suit with its diesels as well. Prices are expected to range from USD28,000 up to USD38,000.

Audi aims to be the biggest maker of luxury cars by the year 2015, thus overtaking BMW in that role. This means more models, especially for China, Russia and the US. But statements like “European models such as the A2 are not currently designed to meet all North American standards and are not certified for import” found on Audi’s US website will probably not help its cause at all.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Looks nice. I think the new C-Class has the best-looking exterior of the current BMW 3, Audi A4, Lexus IS, etc. If the next RS4 is based on that body, it'll look good, but by then I'll be driving my next P-car.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah... but also by far the worst interior

The new A4 seems much more "grown up" than the other cars in the segment.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sheynk
Yeah... but also by far the worst interior
That's precisely why I never considered a C63 to replace the RS4.

Old 05-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond repute
I believe these are gonna hit in the next month or two. I can't wait to drive it

Old 05-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Looks nice. I think the new C-Class has the best-looking exterior of the current BMW 3, Audi A4, Lexus IS, etc. If the next RS4 is based on that body, it'll look good, but by then I'll be driving my next P-car.
I agree completely regarding the C-Class.

Why can't Audi bump up the HP in the 2.0T just a little more, seriously? 250HP from that motor would do them a lot of good...

Old 05-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Watch this space.
Originally Posted by M5Kid
Why can't Audi bump up the HP in the 2.0T just a little more, seriously? 250HP from that motor would do them a lot of good...
They don't want to steal 3.2L V6 sales. The S3 makes 265 horse from the 2.0T motor and the new TT-S is like 270 or so. The 3.2L V6 makes a similar number, but is heavier, etc. It's really not a big deal since most chips add 50hp/100lb-ft. My buddy has a 2.0T S-Line Quattro that is chipped and it is STRONG. We mess around all the time and I really only paste him in the higher RPM zone. Off the line, it's tight - 307lb-ft in his car vs. 317 in mine and he's lighter...

Old 05-26-2008, 12:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
They don't want to steal 3.2L V6 sales. The S3 makes 265 horse from the 2.0T motor and the new TT-S is like 270 or so. The 3.2L V6 makes a similar number, but is heavier, etc. It's really not a big deal since most chips add 50hp/100lb-ft. My buddy has a 2.0T S-Line Quattro that is chipped and it is STRONG. We mess around all the time and I really only paste him in the higher RPM zone. Off the line, it's tight - 307lb-ft in his car vs. 317 in mine and he's lighter...
You're probably right. Either people are going to chip the 2.0T, or go V6 3.2 if they think want to stay stock and feel the 2.0T is underpowered. An S-Line A4 2.0T with software is an awesome car, considering you have Quattro versatility and power to stay right with a 335i.