Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi may add more powerful RS6 Avant ‘Plus’

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 11:19 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post Audi may add more powerful RS6 Avant ‘Plus’

Back in 2004 Audi released a more powerful version of its already potent RS6 as a last hurrah before the arrival of the all-new A6 and subsequent next-generation RS6. The special model was called the RS6 ‘Plus’ and it produced a peak output of 480hp – an additional 30hp over the standard model. Just as Audi did with the original RS6, the German carmaker is likely to introduce a new Plus version of the latest model.

An Audi insider recently revealed to AutoTelegraaf that a more potent Plus version of the new RS6 will be introduced towards the end of its product cycle, sometime in 2011. The current A6 range is due for a facelift and isn’t expect to be replaced by a new model until around the same time.
The new RS6 Plus would likely feature more power and torque plus stiffer suspension and an upgraded tire and brake package. Like the previous version, production would be limited to just 999 units.

Before the arrival of the RS6 Plus, rivals BMW and Mercedes-Benz are both expected to launch their respective next-generation M5 and E63 saloons. Both cars will produce power figures closer to the current RS6’s supercar rivaling 580hp.

Attached Images  
Old 05-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Igor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond repute
such an amazing car, a simple chip can unleash so much from them, the BMW saloon, and Mercedes now i wonder how thats going to do, i still love the audi avant series.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:20 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
i hope they even bring the "regular" RS6 here...

Old 05-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Tommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond repute
The RS6 sedan is suppesed to come here, but I doubt we would see the "Plus" version in the states

Old 05-16-2008, 09:03 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Its a great car and too bad they release these versions at the end of the chassis life cycle unlike BMW and Mercedes which release their M or AMG versions as soon as the W211 appears as an example.

Old 05-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tommy6030
The RS6 sedan is suppesed to come here, but I doubt we would see the "Plus" version in the states
Has that been made official? Last I heard the Euro/dollar rate was too unfavorable to bring it. I'd trade for an RS6 in a heartbeat...

Old 05-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
German Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Has that been made official? Last I heard the Euro/dollar rate was too unfavorable to bring it. I'd trade for an RS6 in a heartbeat...
Oh it's coming alright