Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official: A2 Electric Concept Coming to Frankfurt

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Official: A2 Electric Concept Coming to Frankfurt

Here is the post from Autoblog:
Kinda have been waiting for this car, maybe it's just my OCD of not having a car in-between the A1 and A3.

"The 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show is nearly upon us, and concept vehicles are flying out of the ether at an ever-increasing rate. Audi has foisted the latest concept salvo upon the automotive world with its electric A2 concept. It's a compact four-seater with an eye towards tomorrow's style and long-range performance.

With the A2 Concept, Audi is looking to move its LED lighting technology into the next generation. The headlights feature a high-resolution, non-glaring high beam and high-efficiency low beam light modules. For the taillights, Audi is looking towards laser lighting, and the rear-facing illumination uses diodes that project a beam of light while also adapting to the changing lighting conditions. Additionally, the brake lights will adjust their illumination based on how much force is applied to the pedal.

There's no word on what will power this A2 concept, but Audi promises a mixture of long driving ranges and performance. It will certainly be a neat trick if it can deliver both."

Last edited by astonmartinone77; 09-01-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond reputeMiniRup has a reputation beyond repute
I hope that it will follow in the footsteps of the orginal A2. I have a strange affection for superminis with properly clever tech in them.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by MiniRup
I hope that it will follow in the footsteps of the orginal A2. I have a strange affection for superminis with properly clever tech in them.
Yeah, I know it's not exactly a "Perforamce" car. But I too liked the last A2. If I'm right, I think I remember them making an electric/hybrid concept near the end of the last A2's production also.