Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TT RS Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by crazy1323
Just curious, does Canada get the DSG transmission? The TT-RS with the DSG is a sick little car. I think Car & Driver said it does 0-60 in something absurd like 3.5
6 speed, should offer DSG option.

Originally Posted by McRae
Imo those wheels shoulda stayed ONLY for the RS5...on anything else they look terrible ESPECIALLY on the R8...
I cringe when i see an R8 with these wheels

Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt
I still haven't figured out who audi built this car for? What car enthusiast goes for this over an RS5? And what TT owner ponies up the additional money over a TT-S for this car?
Well we don't get the RS5 here so its unique.

I'm just wondering what enthusiast pays for a TT-S that comes with essentially a GTI engine...leave the 2.0T stuff for VW

Old 08-30-2011, 12:28 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut

I cringe when i see an R8 with these wheels
The last two R8 I seen had em on...FOR SHAME...specially on the Papaya Orange Spyder...

Old 08-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!GuOD You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
My black R8 has them... for now. Working on getting the OEM V10 funky ones

Old 08-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GuOD
My black R8 has them... for now. Working on getting the OEM V10 funky ones
heck yes!!!

Old 08-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Hold the phone on knocking this car... First, it's pretty sweet. I drove one several months ago when they were trying to decide on whether to bring it here or not (lucky me, right place, right time). Second, RS5s may not be coming to the US anytime soon. Third, R8 values are still MUCH higher than anything else Audi sells except for new A8s. Good luck finding one for less than $90K.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:26 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
bazza123 is an unknown quantity at this point
looks great

Old 09-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
TT RS is up on the US Audi configurator...

Built one loaded at $64K. I like that rear wing delete is an option. Sepang Blue with Black Alcantara and dark wheels looks gorgeous!! And Suzuka Gray is an option...

Last edited by Chris from Cali; 09-22-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:50 PM
Teamspeed Member
NAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the roughNAPO is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt
I still haven't figured out who audi built this car for? What car enthusiast goes for this over an RS5? And what TT owner ponies up the additional money over a TT-S for this car?
The RS5 is a great car and all, but it really wasn't made for the purist of drivers. The RS5 is a bigger, heavier coupe, and it isn't even available with a manual gearbox (a mistake that I don't understand because Audi already has a manual to mate to this particular engine). Personally, I think this car is more geared toward Audi fanatics.

I'd take a TT-RS over an RS5 any day. I love the way it looks and I think it has a very nice interior, along with being lighter, more nimble, less expensive, and faster than the RS5. Oh, and it's available with a manual gearbox (a must have for true "enthusiasts"). I haven't driven either car but I can bet the TT is also much more fun to drive, considering that it's smaller, lighter, and faster.

The TT-RS starts at $56k, and comes in at $66k fully loaded. It packs a pretty mean punch for the money: 3.6 seconds 0-60mph and 12.1 seconds 1/4 mile. This is the fastest RS yet, and it outperforms or keeps pace with many cars that are substantially more expensive. This little rocket is no joke.

Last edited by NAPO; 09-22-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 04:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Beefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by McRae
The last two R8 I seen had em on...FOR SHAME...specially on the Papaya Orange Spyder...

Oooh, i think that looks rather special. Love the papaya orange and i personally think the wheels work.