Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S4 upgrades for an A4

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
aFOURce is an unknown quantity at this point
S4 upgrades for an A4

I have a 2005 A4 that I would like to add some genuine S4 mods to. I would like increased performance and just a hint of the S4 look. Wheels, front fascia etc. Suggestions welcome

Last edited by aFOURce; 08-04-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:59 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to TS! You're probably not gonna get too many detailed ideas for S4 mods around here I'm afraid. Is it the facelift model? I had a B6 S4 ages ago and always loved the door blade type thingies that made it look a lot wider than the A4s.

Although my first mod on any A4 would be the brakes if you haven't done them already - they are downright dangerously bad on all the loaners I've had over the years.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Lamp.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Carmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura about
S4 side skirts and aluminum mirror housings are always a nice touch. A little lip on the trunk is also very tasteful while added some aggression. Not sure whether you would want to do a full changing bumper but that is also a possibility. If not, the Cupra R lip is an OEM VWAG part that will screw into the bottom of the bumper with some slight modification for a more angular look. If you have a B6 2005 model, I believe the S4 styled grill should be a direct fit. But if it's a B7 platform starting in 2005.5 then you would need to get an aftermarket replica (unless your A4 is S-line in which case it should fit).

As for performance, APR has good stuff for ECU upgrades, Intake, Exhaust and such. Stasis is also a notable tuning company for any Audi.

For handling I would suggest bilstein pss9 and I'm sure you can find someone selling their S4 wheels online. VRM is a wheel company that makes a couple of good Audi replicas if you want them new and are looking to save a little.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Thanks Carmine914 mine is a 6 speed manual which I think means it is a B7 unless I am mistaken. I was thinking APR for performance mods as I can use them across the board and won't have to shop around much.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!A3aan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!

Old 08-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Thanks Jox I am happy to be here. I am looking forward to talking with some other Audi owners. I love my A4 she is a beauty. Good tip on the brakes too! I will be making a switch soon. Do they make Brembo 6 pistons that will fit?

Old 08-04-2011, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Carmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura aboutCarmine914 has a spectacular aura about
If you have the big single grill up front like the one in my user pic it's a b7. If the bumper cuts through the grill it's a B6. The back tail lights of the B7 also continue into the trunk-lid if your still unsure.

And how can i forget about Turbo upgrades?! (must be because I drive the barely tunable 3.2)

Old 08-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
For the money you'll waste on trying to mod the A4, sell it and buy a used B7 S4.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Former Sponsor
Kai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to allKai@EliteMotorsports is a name known to all
You can potentially modify the A4 to become faster than the S4 with a quality Stage 3 kit. PM me if you have any questions. What are you looking to spend on the car?

Quick Reply: S4 upgrades for an A4