Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inside Line: Audi R8 GT vs. Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Porsche 911 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 03:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
Anybody knows what color is that R8 GT?

Old 02-16-2011, 06:16 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
hmmmmmmmmmmm ill take the Porsche!

Old 02-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I love the Audi and the Lambo but I'd probably take the Porsche too. It's the safe choice, but you can't really go wrong with the Turbo S.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
First time i hear someone recommend the R8 V8 over the V10.

I don't understand how +100hp at the cost of only 80lbs can hinder performance.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
^ That's not the way I read it.

I could be wrong but I thought he was advocating the regular V10 as opposed to the GT version.

I don't recall him mentioning the V8 at all.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Maitre_Absolut You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Barrister
^ That's not the way I read it.

I could be wrong but I thought he was advocating the regular V10 as opposed to the GT version.

I don't recall him mentioning the V8 at all.
"If you're looking for an R8, don't get the GT, even though it'll go 199 mph. Don't even get the normal V10. Go for the original R8 4.2 FSI, the one with the 414-hp 4.2-liter V8. The handling is so sweet, plus you have the manual gearbox to enjoy."

Old 02-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
^ I stand corrected.

And I agree, that is retarded.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
I don't understand why the R8 V10 weights so much. Even the GT isn't lighter than a 911 turbo, lp560-4 or 458 Italia. The GT lapped the nordschleife in 7:32 min, it could be such a great performer with 100 kg less.

Old 02-17-2011, 12:03 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
SebringSilver is on a distinguished roadSebringSilver is on a distinguished roadSebringSilver is on a distinguished roadSebringSilver is on a distinguished roadSebringSilver is on a distinguished roadSebringSilver is on a distinguished roadSebringSilver is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't mind the V10 engine in the V8's body.

Old 02-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Turboholic
I don't understand why the R8 V10 weights so much. Even the GT isn't lighter than a 911 turbo, lp560-4 or 458 Italia. The GT lapped the nordschleife in 7:32 min, it could be such a great performer with 100 kg less.
I agree. Audi could've used more CF/ titanium parts, and manual transmission instead of R-tronic to get rid of at least another 100Kg.

Quick Reply: Inside Line: Audi R8 GT vs. Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Porsche 911 Turbo