Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AWE Tuning releases R8 4.2L SwitchPath Exhaust System.

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 10:28 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Alex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to all
AWE Tuning releases R8 4.2L SwitchPath Exhaust System.

I am pleased to announce the official release of our hand-crafted R8 4.2L SwitchPath™ Exhaust System.

On top of a signature sound, gains of +25hp / +28lb ft at 4700rpm, and a 24lb weight savings, the R8 4.2L SwitchPath™ Exhaust System allows the driver to select Exhaust volume via a mounted in-cabin remote.
  • Under part throttle and idle, valves route exhaust gasses through a central muffler, keeping sound tame and drone free.
  • At 3/4 throttle application and more, the valves open and the system is unleashed – going into “straight pipe” mode.
  • An in-cabin mounted electronic SwitchPath Remote toggles the mechanical valves between “normal” and “straight pipe mode.”
In “Normal” mode, the system’s valves are controlled by throttle position, while in “Straight Pipe Mode” the system gets aggressive from the start (ideal for racing and track usage).

Want to have your cake and eat it too? Order your SwitchPath Exhaust or 4.2L Straight Pipes before January 3rd and you'll get special Holiday Pricing.

More information, performance specifications and more photos can be found in the R8 4.2L SwitchPath Exhaust section of the new AWE Tuning.

AWE Tuning R8 4.2L SwitchPath Exhaust - R8 - Audi - PRODUCTS

Old 12-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Tommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond repute
Finally!!!! I got to see this project from start to finish and it is one of the most impressive products I've seen. Thanks for making it official Alex

Old 12-16-2010, 02:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant future
Great looking/Sounding exhaust guys! Keep up the great work!

Old 01-18-2011, 02:23 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Alex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to allAlex/AWE is a name known to all

The AWE Tuning R8 4.2L Exhaust. Listen. Love. Launch Alert Pricing extended.

We’re extending our special introductory pricing on the hand crafted SwitchPath™ Exhaust . You now have until February 7th to get our R8 SwitchPath Exhaust and Straight Pipes at special pricing. This is an Exhaust unlike any other.
  • Most unique R8 exhaust on the market
  • SwitchPath™ design allows driver to select volume
  • In-cabin remote toggle
  • Power gains of +20 hp / +16 ft-lb peak crank
  • +25 hp / +28 ft-lb @ 4700 rpm
  • 24 lb weight savings
  • No Drone, Guaranteed.
Your R8 deserves this: AWE Tuning R8 4.2L SwitchPath Exhaust - R8 - Audi - PRODUCTS

Last edited by Alex/AWE; 01-18-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:07 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Any vids guys? !

Old 01-18-2011, 03:46 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by DJ
Any vids guys? !
Why of course.

YouTube - AWE Tuning R8 4.2 V8 SwitchPath Exhaust

Old 01-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Teamspeed Member
UberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to allUberDooberDan is a name known to all
nice vid, i think you should put text in the vid to let people know when its in each mode to help people differentiate the two.

awesome exhaust.. if i had an R8 I wouldn't be driving it without one! Bravo!

Old 01-18-2011, 06:21 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by UberDooberDan
nice vid, i think you should put text in the vid to let people know when its in each mode to help people differentiate the two.

awesome exhaust.. if i had an R8 I wouldn't be driving it without one! Bravo!
Thanks for the suggestion and the kind words. I'll see if we can incorporate some sort of explanation in future videos.

Old 01-18-2011, 06:34 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex/AWE
Sounds insane!!!!

Old 01-19-2011, 05:30 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished road
If only I had an R8....sigh

Quick Reply: AWE Tuning releases R8 4.2L SwitchPath Exhaust System.