Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VW Golf R coming to the US

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 12:04 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
I love it, but I wish they would bring he Scirocco over.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud ofbavmtrwrksftw has much to be proud of
Hmm... this or a 135i? Decisions, decisions. The only-manual is such a welcome change though from the R32's only DSG crap.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LaneS@macarbon.com
I love it, but I wish they would bring he Scirocco over.
Agreed. A Scirocco R would be even better...

Knox - What's better in the $30K range? Do tell. And I'm not talking about cars that are nominally in the $30K range but really in the $40K range (hello, 135i). I've owned two MkV GTIs and they've been excellent cars. I honestly can't think of a car in the mid-$20K range that's better. That continues with the Golf R/R20. In the $40K range is where it gets REALLY competitive. Thinking hard about it, maybe the new WRX is as good in the $30K range...

Old 12-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
^I've owned both an sti and the Mk4 R32. I can say without a doubt that the R32 is a better overall value. The interior alone makes up for any difference in horsepower. It's still plenty fast in the twisties. I challenge any stock sti to keep up with me in the canyons or a technical track like SOW.