Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chris from Cali's RS5 Review (with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mtechnik
...This is the one and only Audi I would buy....
Not even an R8V10? I'm seriously toying with the idea of going for one with plans to do the Stasis V10 SC 710HP kit.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:49 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Jacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura aboutJacon has a spectacular aura about
Nice review Chris...definitely something to shoot for. I might trade my A4 for this in a couple of years

Old 12-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
tar6day will become famous soon enoughtar6day will become famous soon enoughtar6day will become famous soon enoughtar6day will become famous soon enoughtar6day will become famous soon enoughtar6day will become famous soon enoughtar6day will become famous soon enoughtar6day will become famous soon enoughtar6day will become famous soon enoughtar6day will become famous soon enough
Wish it had more power for the price range.

Old 12-17-2010, 12:07 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tar6day
Wish it had more power for the price range.
It sounds like it might be "not enough", but trust me, it wasn't lacking for pace...

Old 12-17-2010, 12:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Turbo Al
Not even an R8V10? I'm seriously toying with the idea of going for one with plans to do the Stasis V10 SC 710HP kit.
I test drove a manual R8V10 last week and was considering swapping my RS5 order for it but did not for a couple of reasons.

The R8 is a car that can be driven very quickly very easily but for me lacks the amount of driver involvement I would want from a 2 seater sports car. It also had very noticeable understeer which I found uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong, the car is phenomenal in terms of design and technology but didn't tick all the boxes for me. Hence e RS5 deposit stays. Now if there was a twin turbo diesel R8V? ... with mountains of torque... I'd be up for that.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Bodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud of
...lacks the amount of driver involvement I would want from a 2 seater sports car. It also had very noticeable understeer which I found uncomfortable.
LOL!
I am not too sure many knowledgeable people would agree with you.

The R8 V10 is summed up on part 3
EVO eMag : Page 16

Old 12-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Haku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond reputeHaku has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bodhii
LOL!
I am not too sure many knowledgeable people would agree with you.

The R8 V10 is summed up on part 3
EVO eMag : Page 16
Mate, the opinions expressed were just mine and based on my test drive and my genuine interest in the car. Heck but what do I know... and certainly didn't want to flutter anyone's feathers or possibly contradict "knowledgeable people".

Last edited by Haku; 12-17-2010 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Bodhii, have you driven an R8? Having driven them both, I would say compared to a GT3 Haku is spot on...

Old 12-20-2010, 09:42 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cstroked
Bodhii, have you driven an R8? Having driven them both, I would say compared to a GT3 Haku is spot on...
I think Bodhii OWNS an R8.