Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introduction - My R8 Spyder V10 UK (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:27 AM
XTO
Teamspeed Member
XTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished road
Introduction - My R8 Spyder V10 UK (Pics)

Hello All,

New to the forum, so a big hello from grey and rainy London!

Got the car in June 2010 brand new from Audi and have covered circa 800 miles since.

Fully specc'd excluding the ceramic breaks.

The car is just beautiful. I didnt originally spec the car as i stepped into a failed sale. But the colour combo i think would have been my 1st or 2nd choice. I would have possibly gone for either gunmetal grey with tan leather or mustang brown.

sticking the what the book says, im still in the running in period so haven't gone over 3,000 rpm......honest really!... ok there was that one time roof down empty road nice summer night i did let the v10 howl a bit!

Cant really give you any serious input on the driving as i haven't really had the chance to test it. But it handles very well in town and there is no super car issues with parking or visibility.

I did get Paint shield protection on the whole car. living in london i thought it best to cover it the transparent cover full body.

Any questions welcome and hope to speak to some like minded petrol heads!

Xto

Attached Images        
Old 10-01-2010, 07:32 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
You should drive it more often, I've seen a couple of R8 Spyder here in London especially around New Bond Street, there is a white one parked there for the last couple of days.

Welcome to the forum, nice to have you here.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
That's gorgeous! Congrats and welcome to the Team!

I can't believe you haven't put more miles on it since June! Get out there and drive it!!!

Old 10-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats. My neighbor has a lovely black V10 vert but with cream interior which ruins it.

See you on the road.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:38 AM
XTO
Teamspeed Member
XTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished roadXTO is on a distinguished road
Thanks Guys!

I'd love to drive it more, london is not the most preformance car friendly city. It a weekend car tbh.

I actually saw a same combo colour car once in and i thought some buggers nicked my car!

Since june i have seen maybe 3 cars in total. Which is one reason i went for the spyder, it prob one of the most uncommon cars in london. Every corner in central london seems to have a veyron, especially during the summer months...!

Old 10-01-2010, 07:43 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by XTO
Thanks Guys!

I'd love to drive it more, london is not the most preformance car friendly city. It a weekend car tbh.

I actually saw a same combo colour car once in and i thought some buggers nicked my car!

Since june i have seen maybe 3 cars in total. Which is one reason i went for the spyder, it prob one of the most uncommon cars in london. Every corner in central london seems to have a veyron, especially during the summer months...!
To be honest the most common expensive cars are the Bentley Continental GT's, Flying Spur, Range Rover Sports and RR Fullsize, Arnages, M3's, Porsche 911's,V8 Vantage's.

I live in Kensington, on my 5 minute walk to Starbucks I stumble upon all of the cars mentioned above including an SLR, 997 Turbo. I am actually liking London alot, heavy rain is to be expected today so get your umbrella's out.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:57 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
its beautiful...after seeing my first spyder in person i learned to like it alot more!

Old 10-01-2010, 08:02 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Stunning! Welcome to the TEAM!

Old 10-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!KristofD10 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Congrats & enjoy it!

Old 10-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the Team. Love the R8 V10.

Quick Reply: Introduction - My R8 Spyder V10 UK (Pics)