Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heffner TT R8 install from Miller Motorsports Park.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 11:44 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
HEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond repute
Here are the last few pictures of the car as it was coming together:

The complete turbo system had been installed and the car has been warmed up by this point.

Now, as much as I hate to do it and cover up the turbo system, we re install the factory heat shield to protect surrounding components from potential heat damage.

Now the bumper support is installed and the rear bumper is ready to be put back in place.

Our technician Zach (left) and Scott from TDC Motorsports (right) carefully install the rear bumper with the PPI carbon fiber rear diffuser.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:46 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
HEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond reputeHEFFNER PERFORMANCE has a reputation beyond repute
The bumper, wheel liners, PPI carbon fiber rocker panels and a new set of OZ three piece wheels have been installed and the car is removed from the lift. Fluids are checked, topped off and the car is ready to hit the track!

The completed package came together very nicely. The KW suspension provided by PPI will raise all four corners of the car by two inches at the touch of a button to avoid scraping the new splitter.

The car is now pulled onto the West Course and Roger straps on his helmet.

It is truly unbelievable how comfortable the R8 is on a race track. The suspension stays level and the car powers from turn to turn in the blink of an eye with the added power.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:49 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Although it was a day late, my car finally arrived and I was anxious to get it on the track. Roger and I spent as much time as they would allow us on the track on Friday which ended up being about three hours off and on.

Roger and I about to tear up the track (Roger about to give me a driving lesson).

Both cars going around the West Course.

This was the trip of a lifetime. In my 33 years of life I have never seen such a facility and this week will never be forgotten. I will be heading back out in a few weeks to attempt to tackle the full course. I have tons of video footage that I've been sifting through and will get some posted shortly.

I hope you've all enjoyed the thread. Hopefully we'll be able to get out on the track together one day.