Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1983 Audi Quattro

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
theOandtheB is an unknown quantity at this point
1983 Audi Quattro

So I've wanted a vintage Quattro for a long time now and up until yesterday, the very few I could find for sale were either to expensive or across an ocean.

I just happened to stumble on this one yesterday:
Holbert Motor Cars:: 1983 Audi Coupe Quattro Coupe - Dealer of Certified Pre-Owned Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Other Used Vehicles

I was somewhat confused regarding the naming of these cars. I know the urQuattros were the "original" Quattros and the coupes were later models shipped to the US starting in 1983. I was wondering if anyone knew more about these old Quattros and knows what I have on my hands with this example. Basically, is a "Coupe Quattro" the same as an "urQuattro"?

I recognize these cars are fairly uncommon but if there is something wrong with this one, I can definitely keep looking. Thanks in advance!

Old 02-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Damn that is pretty! I have wanted an old audi for awhile, but right now don't have the change required if the thing were to crap out on me. I have been eying this one on ebay>

Audi : eBay Motors (item 190372891425 end time Feb-20-10 18:00:00 PST)

And to answer your questions, I have no idea.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Yeah I hear ya, I don't exactly have the money or the knowledge either. That 200 looks like it's a mix of the old crazy audi's and something slightly more sensible. Pretty cool though.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Yup, Coupe was simply the designation for the 2-door but the one with the boxy fenders and 200HP is considered the Urquattro.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
So other than the fenders and I'm gonna assume a HP drop, the coupe and urquattro are the same? What do you think about the price? A friend of mine said that 15k is a little high.

Old 02-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by schwabe
yup, Coupe Was Simply The Designation For The 2-door But The One With The Boxy Fenders And 200hp Is Considered The Urquattro.
+1 ..

Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2010, 06:21 PM
fabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond reputefabryce@gmgracing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 928s
+1 ..

Thats a Sport Quattro

We are actually doing a sport quattro short wheel base conversion on a car or a client from Oman... Car will weigh 2400 lbs and make 700 HP!

I have owned several of these car and there are many pitfalls... They are cool but they were specialty hand built cars, many parts are NLA...

This is my 85 URQ one of 73 imported into the USA>

Last edited by fabryce@gmgracing; 02-15-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by fabryce@gmgracing
I have owned several of these car and there are many pitfalls... They are cool but they were specialty hand built cars, many parts are NLA...
Yeah I don't think I will buy one anytime soon, I just enjoy looking for fun. I'm still in college so owning a car that is expensive to begin with then adding expensive and difficult to find parts on top of that, no thanks.

Though despite being rare and typically expensive, I still love urquattro's and hope to own one eventually.