Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A3 durability?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
A3 durability?

All you A3 owners/dealers/service advisors:

What have A3s been like off-warranty? My wife's A3 is immaculate and well-maintained, but I worry about it when the warranty expires in December. Right now we're about 18 months from paying it off and I'm well ahead if I trade it in. We're considering an A3 TDI or a TT-S to replace it, but she loves it and I'd love not having another car payment.

Please give me real feedback (that means none of you with the "I heard they suck" comments).

Much appreciated....

Old 01-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
I heard they suck.

Old 01-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro
I heard they suck.
You shit - and I can't neg rep you since I just pos repped you... asshole.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I heard they're pretty good.

No seriously though, like most modern cars, it ought to be fine mechanically for a long time to come. If anything, it'll be the electrics that start to go first. Have you had any problems with it this far that would lead you to believe it wouldn't last much longer once it's out of warranty?

Old 01-19-2010, 05:08 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
I`ve owned an Audi A3 2.0 TDI and I had an accident with it shortly after I got it.
The not so great thing was that for some reason the front airbags did not deploy,but the side curtain airbags did...and the impact was on the front

Old 01-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Nicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond reputeNicke has a reputation beyond repute
My -07 A3 2,0 TDI with about 40000miles is going strong, as a matterafact when I picked up the car after its last regular service the dealership gave a warranty on the job and if anything at all brakes down they tow it for free to the dealership and give me a free car till fixed. Gave me a strong impression they are confident nothing will brake on it. Oh, and regarding the TDI, I just made a new record in fuel ecnomy, 3,9l/100km! (about 60mpg)(roundtrip about 250km/155miles)

Old 01-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
My mother owned one SB and have a A3 cab right now. Both cars have worked flawlessly, except for a coolant leak on the SB and the fuel consumption on the convertible is a bit poor, round 8-10l/100km. Other than that, the A3 is a pretty solid car afaik.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Watch this space.
Great news - thanks for the info guys! Not having to buy her a new car gets me closer to a GT3!

Old 01-20-2010, 05:39 PM
Watch this space.
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Have you had any problems with it this far that would lead you to believe it wouldn't last much longer once it's out of warranty?
The only things so far have been a rear roof spoiler that popped up (it was a known problem and they fixed it with the "approved" adhesive) and a valve in the intake (another known recall and sorted out). It's been great so far. My wife LOVES it - she wouldn't let me trade it for any other car.