Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Audi A8!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
I genuinely thought I would like this, but I don't. I love the interior, but the rear, front and sides look farking awful. And I'm not just saying that becuase I have the 4E.

Maybe it's because they based it completely on the new A4 which, in non-S or S-Line form, is ugly as shit.
The jox mobile kills this ugly pig. The 4E has much crisper lines and looks more balanced, it has a tautness and subtle aggressiveness to it. Audi design at its best. The front on the new A8 is especially dreadful. And I actually prefer the 'old' interior - the new interior looks like an odd mix of styling cues borrowed from the S class (the curviness) and current A8 straight lines. Me no likey. Overall it's just plain boring.

yawn

Too bad as the current A8 ruled the German luxo barge segment until the new 7 came along. I bet they popped some bottles in Munchen after these pics were released.

Old 12-04-2009, 08:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Sideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond reputeSideways_swe has a reputation beyond repute
I think you guys will eventually like this. Imagine the car in black with some nice rims and a S-line package (or the new S8). It will look killer!

Old 12-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
AurumPotestasEst is an unknown quantity at this point
steroids + A4 = A8

Love the interiour, but that´s clearly not enough for Audi's flagship's new generation. Two years ago my choice would have been the A8 without any doubts, nowaday's the 7er is far superior in every aspect. Quite disappointing, but hey, nothing lasts forever. "Vorsprung durch Technik"? Not really..

Gruss

Old 12-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
The jox mobile kills this ugly pig. The 4E has much crisper lines and looks more balanced, it has a tautness and subtle aggressiveness to it. Audi design at its best. The front on the new A8 is especially dreadful. And I actually prefer the 'old' interior - the new interior looks like an odd mix of styling cues borrowed from the S class (the curviness) and current A8 straight lines. Me no likey. Overall it's just plain boring.

yawn

Too bad as the current A8 ruled the German luxo barge segment until the new 7 came along. I bet they popped some bottles in Munchen after these pics were released.
S550 owns this market segment now. Not even the debangled 7 series can catch up.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:06 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels

yawn

You are right that the 4E was very well creased and an excellent overall design. I guess we have to see the new A8 in person to figure it out.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:07 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
S550 owns this market segment now. Not even the debangled 7 series can catch up.
I don't know Stoppie the new 7 is really goddamned nice.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
I don't know Stoppie the new 7 is really goddamned nice.
I sat and drove the new 7 in Pheonix. Some aspect of the car dont make sense. 1) Why not make a new NON bangle design, rather then make it look like a reworked 7 with some Lexus elements in it? 2) if electronic drive by wire; What the F put the dumb shifter (for this car) on the center console- why not keep it on the column? Or something more original? 3) the fit and finish, ie the buttons and feel of the material doesn't say 'bench mark' luxo sedan.

I like the power; but it didn't scream bench mark to me. IMHO

Old 12-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I sat and drove the new 7 in Pheonix. Some aspect of the car dont make sense. 1) Why not make a new NON bangle design, rather then make it look like a reworked 7 with some Lexus elements in it? 2) if electronic drive by wire; What the F put the dumb shifter (for this car) on the center console- why not keep it on the column? Or something more original? 3) the fit and finish, ie the buttons and feel of the material doesn't say 'bench mark' luxo sedan.

I like the power; but it didn't scream bench mark to me. IMHO
Bloody Yank.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
Hey look it's the only remaining succesful Domestic Auto maker!! ^^^^

*edit: I didn't say I LOVE the column shifter........just a point of reference when clients point it out.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
They dropped the ball design-wise on the exterior! Current A8 and even the previous model still look good after all these years. Won't happen with this one!

Quick Reply: New Audi A8!