Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is it so damn difficult to find Audi parts

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Why is it so damn difficult to find Audi parts

I mean, Sunset, which is a big ass Audi online parts dealer, couldn't even figure out what is needed to properly retrofit recessed PDC's on the rear bumper and sold me the wrong generic tack on tacky version, even though they did manage to sell me the correct bumper with the recessed PDC holders.

I ended up buying it from Kufatec. I just don't understand why it is so hard. I mean, I was thinking of doing solar sunroof and shadow trim, but findings these part numbers are an order of magnitude more difficult than say, finding the any cool and rare parts on realoem.com for ANY BMW.

Or is there a realoem.com equivalent for Audi?

Oh, and many dealers can't even order European parts directly?

Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Contact oemplus.com. They get a shipment once a month from germany and can pretty much get you whatever you need. They're based in CA too.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I feel your pain. I went to the Ford dealership recently to pick up some new carriage bolts for my truck bed since I was replacing it. I told them all the necessary info about my truck (year, model, bed size, etc) and they told me it'd be a 2-3 week wait for the right bolts since they were out of stock. I needed 6 bolts total but they told me that the bolts are only sold in packs of 4 and I'd need two different lengths. The tech couldn't tell me how many of each size I'd need but I needed to bags anyway so I just ordered one of each.

So I wait 2 weeks and the carriage bolts arrive. I pick them up and take off my truck bed and position the new one on the frame. I try to put the new bolts in and they wouldn't even start to thread in. Hmmmm this is strange. Turns out they gave me the wrong diameter bolts!!! How f-ing stupid can Ford be?!?! Shouldn't there be a part number based on the year and model of my Ranger? Ugh... So frustrating. I ended up just using the old bolts and hoping that they don't break or something.