Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rs6 from central america

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Teamspeed Member
mono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura aboutmono2100 has a spectacular aura about
is there any difference between the rs6 avant and the rs6? I was under the impression they were the identical car only different bodies...so in that case DOT wouldnt have a problem with bringing the car over.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
I don't understand the certification. S6 avants are legal, RS6 sedans are legal. Do they think Audi intentionally made the RS6 wagon blow up whenever it got into a fender bender?
The old RS6 sedans are legal. The current model RS6 sedan is not. And nobody gives us any fun wagons in the US and I haven't been able to figure out why.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mono2100
is there any difference between the rs6 avant and the rs6? I was under the impression they were the identical car only different bodies...so in that case DOT wouldnt have a problem with bringing the car over.
No there is not.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mono2100
It doesn't matter, that's not how the government works.

If RS6 Avant was not submitted by Audi USA for certification, then you cannot do a parallel import.

They will find your car and it will be deported.

All I can say is good luck to that guy, falsifying paperworks on a federal level is not something to be taken lightly with.

Old 10-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
I don't understand the certification. S6 avants are legal, RS6 sedans are legal. Do they think Audi intentionally made the RS6 wagon blow up whenever it got into a fender bender?
For the same reason that RS4 Avant is not US certified.

The government needs the paperwork for this, and there is none.

Of course, you can always bankroll the cert process yourself.