Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi prices 2010 S4 in U.S. from $45,900*

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
That was something the engineers addressed right away. They moved the weight more toward the rear, moved the engine further back in the engine bay, added an LSD, used the 40/60 split from the RS4, etc. Every review I've read so far said it's a lot of fun to drive - they've even been able to get rear end mobile...

I like it, but I'm much more interested in the next RS4.
The 0% chance that they'll be bringing the RS4 Avant again makes me sad.

I wish my Avant has your RS4 engine and brakes, then it would be perfect.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:50 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Dude, I've considered looking into bringing a B7 RS4 Avant in. I could find plenty in Germany that would comply with US DOT/EPA regs...

Old 08-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Dude, I've considered looking into bringing a B7 RS4 Avant in. I could find plenty in Germany that would comply with US DOT/EPA regs...
I was under the impression that if it wasn't available here, and you don't want show and display license, then you have to wait 25 years to be able to import it without having to buy two so DOT car crash one.

No?

Old 08-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
The trick to getting it approved would be A) the A4/S4 Avants have already been crash-tested and approved and B) the RS4 drivetrain has already been approved. The justification is that the combo was never sold here, however the chassis/engine had each been approved separately. If I got serious about it, I'd have to do more research. Of course, it's not THAT painful to "just" have an RS4 sedan...

Old 08-17-2009, 11:50 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
The trick to getting it approved would be A) the A4/S4 Avants have already been crash-tested and approved and B) the RS4 drivetrain has already been approved. The justification is that the combo was never sold here, however the chassis/engine had each been approved separately. If I got serious about it, I'd have to do more research. Of course, it's not THAT painful to "just" have an RS4 sedan...
The Avant cargo area makes changing diaper a snap.

Changing it in the back seat of a sedan requires some planning and vigillance for accidental "spillage" shall we say.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
AudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond reputeAudiRS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
The Avant cargo area makes changing diaper a snap.

Changing it in the back seat of a sedan requires some planning and vigillance for accidental "spillage" shall we say.
haha, that's a perspective i never even thought of. I guess i'm not there yet!

Old 08-18-2009, 09:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Baller is changing a baby diaper in the back of an RS4 Avant.