Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Real R8 V10 Spyder Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
I'm guessing $180K with some options.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Looks really clean. I love all the louvers and vents on the engine cover. It looks kind of bland from the side, but it's about as classy as you can get without a roof.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
but it's about as classy as you can get without a roof.
That's what is appealing to me about this car. It's a 500+ HP super car, but it's all class. Nobody is going to ever say that it's a bit cheesy to drive an R8.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
^I'm not a 'spyder guy' per se, but I very much prefer the look of this car to the Lambo equivalent. I agree with the classy sentiment, doesn't look in any way 'over the top'.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^ It's funny. Every time I tell one of my "female advisors" that I want the LP560 Spyder they practically throw up on me. But when I ask them about the R8 Spyder the response is more like, "Yes, you should get that car and I will take my panties off in it for you." Now I don't buy cars to get chicks. But the vast difference in their perception of the two cars is a consideration.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
hate it with the top up.. looks good top down though.

Last edited by STLG; 07-17-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Get the LP.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
^ It's funny. Every time I tell one of my "female advisors" that I want the LP560 Spyder they practically throw up on me. But when I ask them about the R8 Spyder the response is more like, "Yes, you should get that car and I will take my panties off in it for you." Now I don't buy cars to get chicks. But the vast difference in their perception of the two cars is a consideration.
Chicks love the R8. If I had a choice between the hardtop of the two, LP560 all they way. However, I feel differently when it comes to the Spyders. I don't know off the top of my head, what's the price difference between this and the LP Spyder?

Old 07-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by JC919
I don't know off the top of my head, what's the price difference between this and the LP Spyder?
Probably around $50K.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
Chicks love the R8. If I had a choice between the hardtop of the two, LP560 all they way. However, I feel differently when it comes to the Spyders. I don't know off the top of my head, what's the price difference between this and the LP Spyder?
imo the R8 is much less pretentious than LPs. no offense LP owners

thats also part of the reason why i like the gtr so much. anybody who doesnt know a about cars will look at it, see the nissan badge and never give it a second look.
i recently met my girlfriend's parents for the first time. she had told them that i was really into cars and they asked me "so what's your dream car? a lamborghini?" I told them that I had way too many "dream" cars but the first car I intended to buy for myself would be a nissan gtr. Her family is actually very wealthy and so they gave me a "ha, a nissan? what a loser" type of look. They then asked me why i would downgrade from my infiniti to a nissan. i tried to explain to them exactly what the gtr was and with a confused look on both of their faces they said (almost simultaneously) "but it's still a nissan..." These people are the type who drive a car for the badge and status that comes with it. Her dad drives a 2000 5-series, Mom drives a 2008 C300.

ok, threadjack over.

Last edited by STLG; 07-17-2009 at 06:27 PM.

Quick Reply: First Real R8 V10 Spyder Pics