Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photosession: Daytona Grey Audi R8

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Tommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond repute
Photosession: Daytona Grey Audi R8

I had the pleasure of detailing this for a friend over the weekend and Wes (Shutterspeed) snapped up some pics. The car is a 2009 Daytona Grey R8 with Tuscan Brown seats and the polished wheel option. Enjoy!

Last edited by Tommy6030; 05-26-2009 at 10:21 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
What a sexy car... Great pictures too! What kind of lens did you use to get the black shadows on the outsides of the pictures, or is that just lighting effects in photoshop?

Old 05-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Jack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond reputeJack628 has a reputation beyond repute
Poster worthy shots, very talented photog Wes is !

Old 05-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Bodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud of
I never understand these shots that completely distort the distance and size perspective of the subject. Do I wish that the R8 actually looked like this? No!

Does this distortion make the car look better? No.

In most of the shots I see only that the photographer is trying to make an "art' photo using a lens that will make this visual distortion automatically to anything within a certain distance from the subject.

A couple of the photos are OK. The setting is basically good. The use of light is good in only a couple, but not so good in the others. I don't think you studied the light effects so well in setting up each shot. The exposures are ok for the look you are trying for. What's with the shots with the dust covered hood and windshield? The profile shot is quality.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bodhii
I never understand these shots that completely distort the distance and size perspective of the subject. Do I wish that the R8 actually looked like this? No!

In most of the shots I see only that the photographer is trying to make an "art' photo using a lens that will make this visual distortion automatically to anything within a certain distance from the subject.

A couple of the photos are OK. The setting is basically good. The use of light is good in only a couple, but not so good in the others. I don't think you studied the light effects so well in setting up each shot. The exposures are ok for the look you are trying for. What's with the shots with the dust covered hood and windshield? The profile shot is quality.
If the photographers likes the photos that way then he should shoot them like that. IMO there's no right or wrong in photography as long as you are satisfied yourself. On a second note; Member Shutterspeed took these so If you're going to "give out pointers" and tell people how to take photos, at least tell the right one.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Oh and I almost forgot, nice photos. I'm not a fan of the polished rims but to each their own I guess

Old 05-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Strebo-I just wanted you guys to enjoy the pics and didn't realize we had such critics on here. Sorry we couldn't spend more time setting up "the light" on each shot. The sun isn't always reachable for pre-scheduling photoshoots so we did the best that we could. BTW- there is no dust on the car so I'm not sure what you're referring to. The car was washed about 15 minutes before these were taken

Last edited by Tommy6030; 05-26-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Bodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud of
Hey man, it prob sounds like I'm trying to dis UR pics. Its NOT true! One is excellent! And "Excellent" doesn't come very often.

I did much time in art school, and did years of art and design stuff, and so I figure everyone who exhibits their work is chasing hard for Excellence, and wants more rigorous feedback. Excellence is much tougher than what is just fun and pleasurable to the ego. So I apologize if I superimposed my own art agenda on UR pics.

The worst dusty looking pic is the front shot, 3rd picfrom the top. Sure looks dusty from here. Anyway, I do thank you for sharing, and i hope to see more of your stuff.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
Hey man, it prob sounds like I'm trying to dis UR pics. Its NOT true! One is excellent! And "Excellent" doesn't come very often.

I did much time in art school, and did years of art and design stuff, and so I figure everyone who exhibits their work is chasing hard for Excellence, and wants more rigorous feedback. Excellence is much tougher than what is just fun and pleasurable to the ego. So I apologize if I superimposed my own art agenda on UR pics.

The worst dusty looking pic is the front shot, 3rd picfrom the top. Sure looks dusty from here. Anyway, I do thank you for sharing, and i hope to see more of your stuff.
You are right... they should have painted the building another color so as to not get the dust colored reflection on the car... that and a slight adjustment to the sun and this shoot would have been perfect.... or excellent if that is better.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:10 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute

Mr. Picasso,would you mind sharing some of you masterpieces with the community?

btw,how do you know from which angles I prefer to see a car?
How can you generalize the individual taste and colour perception of people?
And how do you know that I feel that the lighting and the shades are not good looking?

You are right... they should have painted the building another color so as to not get the dust colored reflection on the car... that and a slight adjustment to the sun and this shoot would have been perfect.... or excellent if that is better.
might be worth a try

edit :

forgot to mention that I really like your pics!!!

Quick Reply: Photosession: Daytona Grey Audi R8