Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Specking the R8 V10

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond reputeThe Vanq has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rahul
Keeping it. Let me ask you, driving a 997GT3 now, will i enjoy the R8? Unfortunately, with 3 boys all under 5, don't get to the track a lot. Thanks
I have only driven the V8 R8 and it honestly was not a very exciting ride, it felt under-powered but Im guessing the V10 will be much better.
As far as handling goes the R8 is awesome, poised and balanced even at high speed but then again, the GT3 is no slouch either.
Cant really go wrong no matter what car you end up with! But if you aint tracking it, I think the V10 R8 would be the more thrilling car to go for a sunday drive in!
+rep for keeping it

Old 04-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
+ 1 on the 6 Speed Manual - White with CF Side Blades w/ Black Wheels.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
6 speed for sure. Can't go wrong with any of the colors offered as long as it has the CF Sideblade, imo.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond repute
Suzuka Grey, C/F sideblades, Titanium (anthracite) wheels, Extended leather package in Cognac brown with black stitching, C/F inlays, Cognac brown exclusive headliner.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
I'd go with a light or dark grey, dark blue, or red (as pictured on last months Motor Trend, I believe) on the paint. I think both grays would match up nicely with a dark blue leather, or if the gray was dark, a peanut butter or brown. Blue exterior would work very well with peanut butter. With the red, I'd look into a nice rich tan.

For wheels, I'd go dark with the light gray or red, and stay with a standard silver with the dark gray and blue. I think the contrast on those would be nice.

I'd go with a carbon fiber side blade on all paint colors I think.

But, if I had to pick one combo: dark (metallic?) gray, silver wheels, carbon sideblade, dark blue interior. I'd spec extensive leather throughout, carbon finishes, and a 6-speed box.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Tommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond reputeTommy6030 has a reputation beyond repute
Not another one of these threads. Order the trans and color that YOU want

Old 04-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mayoof
Suzuka Grey, C/F sideblades, Titanium (anthracite) wheels, Extended leather package in Cognac brown with black stitching, C/F inlays, Cognac brown exclusive headliner.

Perfect setup!

Old 04-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Member
rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!rahul You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Tommy6030
Not another one of these threads. Order the trans and color that YOU want
If you really insisted on contributing, something positive would have been nice.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
rahul isn't looking for approval here...he's just looking to make sure that he covers his bases when he specs the car, which is completely understandable...you can't possibly know all the pros/cons of certain options, etc...so you ask other car people...perfectly fine.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond repute
Red with every Carbon Fiber Option along with every option available. BTW PM me and i will give you my address so you can send the car to me after you have received it.