Notices
Performance Series Audi Models R8, S4, RS4, S5, RS5, S6, RS6, & S8 Discussion Forum.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi RS3

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Teamspeed Member
AutoCEO is an unknown quantity at this point
Audi RS3

It will be nice if they produced the RS3 and brought it to the US, but I doubt it. I think it would be a pretty cool car though! What do you think?

Is Audi going to introduce the RS3?

Almost every car Audi produces has a S or RS-version, except for a couple of cars like the A2, A3, Q5 and Q7. One car might become part of the RS-family though. The Audi S3 has been facelifted not so long ago. You can get the S3 as a three-door-version or a five-door-version. Whatever you prefer. Rumors are circling the globe that Audi might produce a RS3.

Nobody at Audi ever spoke about the RS3 because there may not have been any interest in such a car. Audi needs to keep its eyes open as more and more fast hatchbacks hit the streets. Audi's head of development Michael Dick, yes Dick, has admitted in an interview that Audi might built the RS3. He even spoke about the engine which is likely going to be the 2.5 liter turbocharger-five-cilinder. We already found that engine in the TT-RS. Both cars don't differ that much in size so it must be quite easy to get the engine in the RS3. Michael Dick says the car is ready on paper and they now need to start working on a first concept car.

Some interesting facts on this 2.5 liter engine: 340 bhp, 4.6 seconds to 100 kilometers per hour and a top speed of 280 kilometers per hour. We believe these figures won't make it in the RS3 as this car is a lot less aerodynamic than the TT-RS. We can't say when more information will be available but what we do know is that Audi releases an all new A3 in 2011.

Source: Autotelegraaf.nl

Old 03-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
If they do build one, I can only hope it won't have that horrendous hood scoop. I doubt it'll ever make it stateside either.