Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

Florida Powerboating Feb 2012

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
SHARKEY-IMAGES is on a distinguished roadSHARKEY-IMAGES is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Florida Powerboating Feb 2012

Sharkey-Images returned to Florida for a few weeks in the month of February 2012.
Covering a few Shop Tours along the way to the Miami International Boat Show and several shoots leading up to and including the Miami to Islamorada Poker Run and the Powerboat Nation Sand Bar Raft Up.

You may click here to view ALL images... from the entire ROAD TRIP.

2012 MIAMI BOAT SHOW road trip starts with a factory tour of Doug Wright's High Tech Composites LLC / CNC Design Automation, Inc. facility located in Sebastian, Fl.

As with many boat builders, they also have other resources other than just building boats. They share a 40,000 square foot building with another company which is run by Taras Rud of UDC "Ukrainian Defense Consulting" that supplies airplane parts to the government.

Doug does all of their tooling for the parts which appear to be all made from carbon fiber.

This was a very interesting shop to visit. First thing that I spotted was a CNC machine. Not only did they have one but they actually have two of them.
I hope you enjoy this first part of the Miami Boat Show Road Trip.

SLIDE SHOW of Doug Wright's Factory Tour Click here !!!

Doug Wright's Factory Tour Gallery

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 03-17-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
SHARKEY-IMAGES is on a distinguished roadSHARKEY-IMAGES is on a distinguished road
Something you did't find at the Boat Show.

The new 38 HYPERSONIC.

Frisini Motosports is slammed with orders right now that they could not justify losing time away from the shop at this point and are concentrating on finishing current orders.

Images for the HYPERSONIC 38

HYPERSONIC 38 CLICK HERE !

Old 03-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Congrats to STATEMENT MARINE for winning BEST BOOTH of the 2012 Miami Boat Show !

A WIN well deserved !!!

Old 03-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
More images from the STATEMENT booth online now:

STATEMENT MARINE PHOTOS CLICK HERE !!!

Old 03-17-2012, 11:45 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
It was an exceptionally busy week and it continued into the weekend.

I have Florida Powerboating coverage, a detailed shoot of the Miami Marine Stadium, Scenic shots of Florida and much more to come.

I am spent all my time shooting and zero time processing images. I wanted to collect as much content while I was there so I hope you all understand. I appreciate your patience...

Old 03-17-2012, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
I was hired for the day to go out with 3 families with the new Statement 36 and the Bermuda Challenge boats.

It was a great family fun day with the Statement Marine boats...

Old 03-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
A quick preview of Miami Marine Stadium.
After taking the risk of entering this place once, I don't feel the need to ever go back...

Old 03-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
1st time to shoot a few brand new DCB's .
Being as they typically attend the LA Boat Show I never get the opportunity to shoot these boats.

Therefore I took full advantage of them being in Miami...

Also, DCB was the 1st to have Video taken with my new camera dolly that I fabricated just before the show... Once all caught up, I will be putting together the video clips taken of the DCBs...

Old 03-17-2012, 11:54 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Their tooling is flawless to get a shine like that with no imperfections...

Old 03-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member

Quick Reply: Florida Powerboating Feb 2012