Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

What High Perfromance V bottom mfg would you buy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Teamspeed Member
LBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond repute
What High Perfromance V bottom mfg would you buy?

Thought this would be a fun discussion topic.

For those living and breathing high performance boats, what V bottom mfg would you buy in the following sizes?

30' to 36'
37' to 44'
45'+

Assume twin engines across the range.

Also, where do you go for power? Mercery Racing, Ilmore or Custom?

Let the debate begin!

Old 03-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Well I've had Fountains and Cigarettes, not including the Midnight Express Boats we had.

I would absolutely go with a 39' Cigarette Top Gun with twin 700 Merc's, I absolutely love this boat. My second choice would be a 36' Cigarette Gladiator with the same power, but I could do with 575's. Last, but definitely not least, I would go with a 40'+ Apache with a pair or triple Mercury 1350's. If I were really going to buy one, it would be the 39TG though.

With that being said, I would love to build me a boat with the Lamborghini Marini engines.

How about some pics of what I am talking about:
Name:  381.jpg
Views: 2748
Size:  55.6 KB

Name:  2216660_large2.jpg
Views: 1674
Size:  48.7 KB

Name:  CollLambo-195.jpg
Views: 4208
Size:  136.3 KB

Name:  lambo-L3336.jpg
Views: 1458
Size:  92.4 KB

Name:  4928505942_ea4b0963f4_b.jpg
Views: 1507
Size:  248.4 KB

Name:  Glad_5.jpg
Views: 2481
Size:  23.4 KB

Last edited by Hernando; 03-13-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:48 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Outerlimits or Cigarette for me.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
id want something stable and fast, like the 399 skater or a 42 fountain or maybe whatever RF Powerboats brings to the table.

the OL and Cigarette are both awesome, however, I'd rather go FAST in the others...

imho, the only power to consider is stock merc marine. for the custom and radical among us, cobra and sterling builds a name brand powerful product.

also, against popular opinion, the 39 nor-tech diesel is appealing to me.

Old 03-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
in the smaller range, v bottom, the 36 gladiator is a cool boat if you want something 'go-kartesque' that requires the skill of someone with new boat driving knowledge. it will roll and sink just as the majority have. it is lightweight and fun though.

the 46' cig rough rider is the boat of boats in the upper range of size.

if you want to go over 120-130 disregard what i have written in this post

Old 03-15-2011, 02:54 AM
Teamspeed Member
FastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura about
Great choices Hernando!!

After dealing in Fountain I agree they are fast but at speeds over 100mph I will stick with boats that don't fall apart. I have yet to see one, more then a year old with out tons of stress cracks.

30 the new Vendetta I would go single over twins but twin 377's will fly and be rock solid in that boat

39 Skater (Lucas Oil boat) that Hull was retarded fast I know who has the molds and can re make them with twin 1100 Mercs and Arnesson Drives

Over 40 the Apache is a great choice solid boat so is the Cig wouldn't touch a Nortec with a 20' pole A friend bought one and hates it. Either the 42 GTX from Outerlimits which runs amazing with the 1350's and arnessons, Or our new 43 Aronolli Two in production right now I will post pics as soon as I can.

Over 45 Probably Magnum with Diesels I love those high performance yachts

Old 03-15-2011, 09:35 AM
BDP
Teamspeed Member
BDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of light
Baja all the way. Hands down the best boat out there. The quality is second to none. If you can't afford a Baja something like a Baja will do.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Who makes that boat that has the entire cabin on hydraulics to cushion the ride? That boat is nutty and if I had the coin i'd be knocking on their front door!

Old 03-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Teamspeed Member
waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!waybomb You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Speed is one thing, comfort another. If I wanted stoopid fast, it would be lightweight cat (MTI, Skater). But if I wanted to go out when nobody else was out, not even bloboaters,and do so comfortably then it has to be an older Apache or Cougar Vee.

ps - I bought the Cougar for that reason and have not regretted it. Ya,the cats blow by me on calm to moderate days, the Fountains and the Nortech blast by me on those same days, but I <never> encounter them on the lake when we have 40mph winds out of the northwest with white caps as far as the eye can see. They can't handle it. I love those days in my old Cougar. A hundred in a Cougar, for my taste, is better than 170 in a Skater. Just my preference.

Old 03-15-2011, 02:17 PM
BDP
Teamspeed Member
BDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Matt
Who makes that boat that has the entire cabin on hydraulics to cushion the ride? That boat is nutty and if I had the coin i'd be knocking on their front door!
Is it similar to a Baja?

Quick Reply: What High Perfromance V bottom mfg would you buy?