Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

Cigarette Racing Team and Ducati unveil the 42x Ducati Edition Racing Boat

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 01:58 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
cool boat

Old 03-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Check out the details on these 1100 engines!

Blog | Mercury Racing

Old 03-06-2011, 03:12 PM
PJS
Teamspeed Senior Member
PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!PJS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
how much less is the same boat without the ducati stickers and embroidery?

Old 03-08-2011, 05:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
FastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by PJS
how much less is the same boat without the ducati stickers and embroidery?
Honestly it wouldn't make much difference.

What drives me nuts is the lack of creativeness that Cigarette puts into these special editions. A little paint and some stitching in a hull that aside from adding staggered engines and two steps has been around and unchanged for a long time. I was very dissapointed with the AMG boat and this one. Don't get me wrong I love Cigs but c'mon guys have a little fun with a project like this

Old 03-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
like ducati guys drive boat like this...

or the other way around...

Old 03-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Teamspeed Member
LBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FastBoatDealer
Honestly it wouldn't make much difference.

What drives me nuts is the lack of creativeness that Cigarette puts into these special editions. A little paint and some stitching in a hull that aside from adding staggered engines and two steps has been around and unchanged for a long time. I was very dissapointed with the AMG boat and this one. Don't get me wrong I love Cigs but c'mon guys have a little fun with a project like this
IMHO

I don't agree, I would rather see Cigarette keep their identity and I actually like the AMG boat and Ducati boats. These brands are lifestyle partners not theme boats. Its partnerships like these that set Cigarette apart from other builders and will keep them around for a long time to come.

but I am a bit confused, isn't the 30 Vendetta, using your words "Ferrari inspired design" not very similar in concept?

It also seems a bit of a reach to challenge Cigarette on the innovation side. Look at how the average speeds and the handling of their boats have changed over the past 10 years. People play games all of the time with no steps, four steps, five steps and controversial bottom designs but Cigarette keeps building boats that run fast in rough water in an industry of companies that come and go like the tide.

If I am going to trust my hide in a V hull over 100 in the ocean, i'll stick with Cigarette.

Again just my .02

Old 03-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Teamspeed Member
FastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura about
Look, as I stated I do love cig's! But they have all the talent and resources to pull off a very cool themed boat. There is no partnership!!!! What are we going to see 42's in Ducati showrooms?? Don't kid yourself. These are themed boats at best and the only part themed about them is that they have the Ducati or AMG name on them.

Have a look at what MTI did with Corvette that is how you pull of a themed boat.

And yes our was just an inspired colour scheme and accents, it was not a full on themed boat with the co-operation of Ferrari, if it had been we would have blew your mind with the details!

Old 03-08-2011, 08:41 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
It needs a Mercury 1350 or two. Badder is better.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Teamspeed Member
Those 1100's are pretty sweet as well, the 1075's were very popular engines so this is a great replacement for them.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:11 AM
Teamspeed Member
LBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FastBoatDealer
Look, as I stated I do love cig's! But they have all the talent and resources to pull off a very cool themed boat. There is no partnership!!!! What are we going to see 42's in Ducati showrooms?? Don't kid yourself. These are themed boats at best and the only part themed about them is that they have the Ducati or AMG name on them.

Have a look at what MTI did with Corvette that is how you pull of a themed boat.

And yes our was just an inspired colour scheme and accents, it was not a full on themed boat with the co-operation of Ferrari, if it had been we would have blew your mind with the details!
No partnerships? That is funny, as when I picked up my latest issue of Automobile Magazine, The AMG Cigarette was on the cover with an AMG SLS. I guess we define partnerships differently.

In my opinion, theme boats are just that. Not to take anything at all away from MTI, as I think they built some of the best cats out there, but look at how long those boat sit around when they are not built for a specific owner. Case in point, the Ferrari MTI.

Sure you could have gone crazy with the details on a Ferrai co-operation boat but the point is a brand like that will never get the chance.

I'm cool with the fact that we don't agree, we are each entitled to our opinions. As a purchaser of performance boats, I vote with my $$$$.

Quick Reply: Cigarette Racing Team and Ducati unveil the 42x Ducati Edition Racing Boat