Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

Plans for major overhaul

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 12:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Plans for major overhaul

Plan to do a major overhaul on the Hawk after the memorial race September 18th...
I will sand down/strip the boat. Will repaint with the dry martini deep green color or the don aronow cigarette black and white/red. Exterior will be shiny automobile paint to make it shiny and very clean looking. Interior will be gelcoat white. I will have a black or red cover made up.
It will have the 'ole "the cigarette" graphics with the classic logo and the propor details.
Will install running lights and pop up cleats. No more railings on the side. Want to include 12 gal fuel tank with gas cap up on bow.
Also will install custom lifting ring on bow. Will get a silver rub-rail.
Will do some glasswork and mods to the body of the boat.
How do these plans sound?

Old 09-05-2010, 05:33 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
silence......

except that

YouTube - Cricket Sound

Old 09-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Sam, I think the Hawk looks really cool just as it is. If you are looking for a new project, how about restoring a retro schwinn beach cruiser bicycle painted to match the retro-cool paint job on the Hawk? Just a thought.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
IMO, I think you should stick to a classic style paint like they use below which is a blue hull/white cig logo, and get a cigarette red cover. use a silver/chrome rub rail

Old 09-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by alkyoneus
IMO, I think you should stick to a classic style paint like they use below which is a blue hull/white cig logo, and get a cigarette red cover. use a silver/chrome rub rail

I do like the classic look of that Top Fish! That exact one is at my local marina actually. I see it alllll the time cruising out.

I have a guy who can re-do the paint for me =)

Old 09-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by BigE
Sam, I think the Hawk looks really cool just as it is. If you are looking for a new project, how about restoring a retro schwinn beach cruiser bicycle painted to match the retro-cool paint job on the Hawk? Just a thought.
The boat does look great! However, up close, i had to do many repairs to the fiberglass, and can't find matching paint anywhere, so I am re-doing it all.