Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

The Woody's in North Lake Tahoe

Old 04-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Teamspeed Member
duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Great pictures, I didn't know about this event I will have to go next year.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:50 PM
CLS
Teamspeed Senior Member
CLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond repute
Hope you keep us posted on this event, do they have a web site with further information, I don't want to miss out on this photo opportunity! Some absolutely spectacular looking boats. What kind of engine is that from in the early photographs? That thing is a monster! Most be crazy loud with those straight pipes!

Old 04-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
pixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished road
GOT I LOVE the vandam boats but to much mula

Old 04-02-2008, 05:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
I love wood boats - growing up my parents owned a 22' CC Gentleman's racer. We had a cottage about 5 minutes from PortCarling Ont, which was Canadas hub of boatworks in the middle of the century. There was a pretty big show there every year (nowhere near the spectacle taking place on tahoe. )

please, post any pictures you have at all on this subject. They surely don't make anything close to the looks of these classics anymore.

Cheers.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Teamspeed Cigarette Racer
Location: Blue Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Monterey and beyond
gociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CLS
Hope you keep us posted on this event, do they have a web site with further information, I don't want to miss out on this photo opportunity! Some absolutely spectacular looking boats. What kind of engine is that from in the early photographs? That thing is a monster! Most be crazy loud with those straight pipes!
click here for the web site

interior

or here
Tahoe Yacht Club Foundation

not sure on the engine info.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:45 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
How would these boats hold up in the open sea?

I absolutely love these things, but the lakes around here are pathetic. And i live on one of the best harbors in the world.

Old 04-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
Im in love with that Thunderbird any more info on it?

Old 04-03-2008, 01:34 PM
gociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
How would these boats hold up in the open sea?

I absolutely love these things, but the lakes around here are pathetic. And i live on one of the best harbors in the world.
Open sea, it would be my guess not very well. With a rather low deadrise angle and shallow gunwall height may be an issue, but I may be wrong

Old 04-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by alkyoneus
Im in love with that Thunderbird any more info on it?

here is a start...

Thunderbird Lodge Historic Site - The Boat

also with some info on the boat house as well...the tour is awesome btw

Old 04-03-2008, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Cole You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thank you for posting these photos!

They are some of the best I have seen posted on TS!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Woody's in North Lake Tahoe