Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

Mini hawk update

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
I think he meant, "then hopefully you do not do more work on it," thus you won't post more pictures of it. But Zorro is just kidding you. He's Canadian, and sometimes his syntax gets a little mangled. He would love to see photos and have updates of the entire build process, as would I. I can't wait to see what you can do with this baby. The lines are classic. And I admire you pouring yourself into a project like this.

Can you give me a little background on the boat, how she came to be yours, and what you plan to do with her. Also, I notice the word "CIGARETTE" is slightly off-center. Did it come that way from the factory, or was that an aftermarket addition?

And finally, it's hard to tell from the pictures, but is that a stepped hull, or a classic Deep V? And how much HP can she handle, and what do you think she will do on the top end. I would love to have a boat like that to get around in. And I love the classic nautical color combo.

Great thread, and thanks for sharing. Keep us updated.

Old 05-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
I think he meant, "then hopefully you do not do more work on it," thus you won't post more pictures of it. But Zorro is just kidding you. He's Canadian, and sometimes his syntax gets a little mangled. He would love to see photos and have updates of the entire build process, as would I. I can't wait to see what you can do with this baby. The lines are classic. And I admire you pouring yourself into a project like this.

Can you give me a little background on the boat, how she came to be yours, and what you plan to do with her. Also, I notice the word "CIGARETTE" is slightly off-center. Did it come that way from the factory, or was that an aftermarket addition?

And finally, it's hard to tell from the pictures, but is that a stepped hull, or a classic Deep V? And how much HP can she handle, and what do you think she will do on the top end. I would love to have a boat like that to get around in. And I love the classic nautical color combo.

Great thread, and thanks for sharing. Keep us updated.
I'll tell everything- My buddy down at the yacht club i am a member at found the boat on craigslist and gave me the contact info for the guy, and in a couple emails, i went over to his place to look at the boat. Looked like a fun project, so i went ahead and brought it for $1,300.
I have lots planned for this season. The interior is being completely re-done with new upholstery and an updated dash by adding a radio and possibly a guage or two, and a switch panel. The words "Cigarette" were added by me, and yep, i realized it was off center after i put it on. I just learned that its always good to put the middle letter in the middle, and then add the other letters. I am going to take that off though, and get the "Cigarette" script instead.
The boat is 13' long with a beam of 4', and a 15" draft. The boat can handle up to 25hp, but some people overpower them with 50hp etc. With a 25hp, the boat should reach the low 40's im guessing.
The boat is a non-stepped hull, and as unstable as it might look, the boat does exceptionally well in mild chop, like 1' to 2' rollers and can handle boat wake fine. You do have to watch your landings tho, hit waves at a certain angle and it lands fine. Hit it at an awkward angle, and then that's disaster.
And yes, the colors are nice- reminds me of the miami vice colors.

Name:  13 cigarette 002.jpg
Views: 2022
Size:  178.5 KB

Old 05-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
That's a bargain, and a cool project. I'm jealous.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
cool boat Minihawk!
Keep up the work

Old 05-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
That's a bargain, and a cool project. I'm jealous.
Yea, it was cheap. But when it comes to sale time, the price should be way higher because of the updates, etc. I love putting my work into this project, its alot of fun. You should get one of these lil boats they are alot of fun

Old 05-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Ced
cool boat Minihawk!
Keep up the work
Thanks buddy!!

Name:  100_3264.jpg
Views: 1868
Size:  117.6 KB

Old 05-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
So you invited Jox over to take your pictures?

Old 05-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GuessWho
So you invited Jox over to take your pictures?
No. That's H20Skier's photo style!

Old 05-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sweet boat! She looks great!
Here are some renderings I just did (i suck at editing pictures)- this is what I want the graphics to look like.

Name:  mini hawk slanted fairing  cigarette racing team.jpg
Views: 2770
Size:  125.2 KB

Name:  mini hawk side fairing top gun official script.jpg
Views: 1579
Size:  120.3 KB

Name:  mini hawk port and starboard cig logo.jpg
Views: 3920
Size:  230.5 KB

Old 05-09-2010, 08:00 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Once you get all of your mods finished, I highly suggest you market it as an actual Cigarette when it comes time to sell. I'm sure you'll get a lot more feedback and response when you list it on eBay and craigslist that way.

Boat looks nearly new!!!

Quick Reply: Mini hawk update