Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

NEW Cigarette Top Fish Open

Old 11-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond reputeGoFastKindaGuy has a reputation beyond repute
That is indeed Cigarette's Grand Sport.

Last edited by GoFastKindaGuy; 11-23-2009 at 08:52 AM. Reason: My mistake
Old 11-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't think it was a Marauder judging by the way the deck was shaped. The Marauder looked a lot more angled to me. I thought it might have been a new grand sport.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:40 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
^^ 49' Grand Sport II

Old 11-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by DJ
^^ 49' Grand Sport II
Yep. The Grand Sport II. This is the origional Grand Sport.

Name:  408cigarette1.jpg
Views: 1326
Size:  79.7 KB

Old 11-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Hernando
I am starting to like this top fish more and more. At first I wasn't too crazy about it. I thought the console was too wide, the back seats weren't high or long enough, the back rests were too low, and the front cabin was way too large for this type of boat. I really like where they are going with it, I would still change some things on it though.

Now which model is this? I absolutely love the space in the cockpit and that lounge seat. Very cool.
Attachment 37171
What about the Top Fish would you change? What would you think if they put inboards in it, like Nor-Tech did to theirs?

Old 11-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniHawk
What about the Top Fish would you change? What would you think if they put inboards in it, like Nor-Tech did to theirs?
Nope, I would stick with outboards, probably triple 350 Verados. Then I would make a more comfortable U shaped rear bench that sat just a little lower. People can climb over it if they want get in the water. I would have it sit lower so that my passenger wouldn't feel like they were going to fly out of the boat. I know I did when I sat on that rear bench. I would have a larger top, that attached to the running boards and not the console, this way I have more room in the cockpit. Since I don't fish it wouldn't matter to me. I would also have a more useful rear facing center seat. For now that's it, however I would have to get on a new one and use it a couple of times before I came up with a serious list.

Old 11-19-2009, 01:23 PM
BDP
Teamspeed Member
BDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of lightBDP is a glorious beacon of light

No inboards on a center console for me. Quad 350 Verados is enough. Full weight I bet that thing still goes around 60. That's a great speed for those 40 mile offshore runs.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Member
LBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond reputeLBMA5820 has a reputation beyond repute
49 Grand Sport II. Last year they showed the Grand Sport and this appears to be a new deck design that looks more in style with the classic Cig design. The Original GS had a windshield.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by LBMA5820
49 Grand Sport II. Last year they showed the Grand Sport and this appears to be a new deck design that looks more in style with the classic Cig design. The Original GS had a windshield.
In my opinion the GS II is a great design-hopefully some people will get them. I haven't ever heard an opinion on the origional GS from an owner- wonder what people think of them. How many GS's were made?

Old 11-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Hernando
Nope, I would stick with outboards, probably triple 350 Verados. Then I would make a more comfortable U shaped rear bench that sat just a little lower. People can climb over it if they want get in the water. I would have it sit lower so that my passenger wouldn't feel like they were going to fly out of the boat. I know I did when I sat on that rear bench. I would have a larger top, that attached to the running boards and not the console, this way I have more room in the cockpit. Since I don't fish it wouldn't matter to me. I would also have a more useful rear facing center seat. For now that's it, however I would have to get on a new one and use it a couple of times before I came up with a serious list.
Good ideas! How does it run/handle, compared to other performance CC's?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEW Cigarette Top Fish Open