Notices
Performance Boats Cigarette Racing Team, Donzi, Fountain, Outer Limits, Nor-Tech, Deep Impact, Formula, & More Discussion Forum.

Incident With Mini Hawk :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Incident With Mini Hawk :(

Saturday my friend and I went to take the Mini Hawk out for a fast run. I accelerated and the boat began to plane very high. I couldnt see the horizon at all. Once it got off plane, the boat shot forward instantly. I reduced speed because the water was very weird- alot of crosswaves. The boat hit every one and bounced from side to side, jerking me and my friend around but we held on. Then i found some flat water and accelerated. The engine came loose and i tightened the bolts on it. Then, i started to turn around. I accelerated again, this time, trying to get back past ther 5mph zone, where the water was calm. On the way back, I accelerated and i remember hitting a big cross wave. the bow hits it first, causing the boat to "hook" The engine stops. I get up and look back.... the engine is dangling in the water connected to all the wires and steering stuff. I cant pull it up because it is too heavy.
Meanwhile, other boats are going by and NOT stopping to help. The weight of the engine in the water is making water come over the transom. Water is (i realized this later) coming in thru the drain plug hole (the drain plus must of came out). I see this guy i know, so i flag him down. He makes sure I am ok. It was a wild ride, and the guy on the boat suggested towing us back.
The Sea Tow people managed to be driving around, and saw us. They got my friend and I off the boat, and started to pull us back to the yacht club. Then, the harbor patrol sees us and helps us. The sea tow chops all the wires off and we lift the motor into the harbor patrol boat, and tow the Mini Hawk (which was practically sinking) back to Manhasset Bay Yacht Club...

I am pretty dissapointed now about all of this.. But as everyone knows, boating isnt perfect. There is always a problem here and there.

Old 09-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like you should stick to riding your Huffy and stay off the water for awhile...

Old 09-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
h-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond repute
too bad buddy.. i hope you get it back on the water soon... better this happening on a minihawk than a cigarette..

sounds like a good learning experience.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Pics!!!!

Old 09-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!MiniHawk You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by h-bo
too bad buddy.. i hope you get it back on the water soon... better this happening on a minihawk than a cigarette..

sounds like a good learning experience.
Hope so. The engine is sitting in a big bucket full of fresh water now, and my dad is taking it to a repair shop tomorrow. The sea tow guy took a picture of the boat, and I am going to see if I can get the picture from him. It was a wild ride. I remember catching air a few times. Glad i didnt flip the boat. I also had the kill switch and life jackets on.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:05 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniHawk
Saturday my friend and I went to take the Mini Hawk out for a fast run. I accelerated and the boat began to plane very high. I couldnt see the horizon at all. Once it got off plane, the boat shot forward instantly. I reduced speed because the water was very weird- alot of crosswaves. The boat hit every one and bounced from side to side, jerking me and my friend around but we held on. Then i found some flat water and accelerated. The engine came loose and i tightened the bolts on it. Then, i started to turn around. I accelerated again, this time, trying to get back past ther 5mph zone, where the water was calm. On the way back, I accelerated and i remember hitting a big cross wave. the bow hits it first, causing the boat to "hook" The engine stops. I get up and look back.... the engine is dangling in the water connected to all the wires and steering stuff. I cant pull it up because it is too heavy.
Meanwhile, other boats are going by and NOT stopping to help. The weight of the engine in the water is making water come over the transom. Water is (i realized this later) coming in thru the drain plug hole (the drain plus must of came out). I see this guy i know, so i flag him down. He makes sure I am ok. It was a wild ride, and the guy on the boat suggested towing us back.
The Sea Tow people managed to be driving around, and saw us. They got my friend and I off the boat, and started to pull us back to the yacht club. Then, the harbor patrol sees us and helps us. The sea tow chops all the wires off and we lift the motor into the harbor patrol boat, and tow the Mini Hawk (which was practically sinking) back to Manhasset Bay Yacht Club...

I am pretty dissapointed now about all of this.. But as everyone knows, boating isnt perfect. There is always a problem here and there.

and all in a sudden you woke up and realized that you have a massive errection.....

Old 09-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by ECB

and all in a sudden you woke up and realized that you have a massive errection.....
thats not what happened.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Pics or it didnt happen.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
thats not what happened.
what was your previous screen name?

pics or it didnt happen....

Old 09-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
lager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond repute
The engine came loose and i tightened the bolts on it....
Obviously you didn't...maybe your T Pain glasses need to be cleaned...

Quick Reply: Incident With Mini Hawk :(